1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Calculated MPG vs. Indicated MPG of the c - Please post your results

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by F8L, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Gotcha, so it's bound to happen fairly often then. Oh well.

2. eldersciii

eldersciii C3PO

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    49.949mpg calculated. 50.3mpg indicated. On Chevron 87oct. I'm very happy with that given the # of hills I must drive up.

3. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart The Techie Guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    not unless you know what you're doing... he didn't.

the first time, at my 5K maintenance, I reset the data myself and it wasn't difficult at all... I just read my Owner's Manual and followed the directions... the tech was probably trying to do it from memory instead of consulting with a reference and kept trying different things...

4. cmstlist

cmstlist Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I set the trip meter when I last filled up. Right now it's around 700 km, and "range" is showing about 60 km left. The economy reading is 4.1 L/100 km.

By that logic, it considers the size of a tank to be 7.60 x 4.1 = 31.16 L. Whereas the tank is supposed to be about 36 L.

So can I conclude the zero range / low fuel warning comes on with about 4-5 L to spare? Not that I'd risk driving to the last drop of vapour, but that seems to suggest I have a good 100 km to spare from the warning to the actual end of the tank.

HUAWEI MediaPad ? 2

5. WaspE

WaspE New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    Year of vehicle: 2012 PC3
    Date: 7/11/2012
    Miles driven: 368
    Gallons Pumped: 8.18
    Hand-Calculated MPG: 45
    Average Speed: 25mph
    Tire Size / Wheel size: Stock
    Tire Brand / Model: Stock
    Tire PSI (Front / Back): Need to check it myself
    Seasonal Conditions: Hot 100% + some winds
    Commute Length: Short 2 mile drive to work, Drove out of town for 4th of July (120 miles total), Commuted city wide for side business
    City/Highway : 50/50
    Hypermiling Techniques:24% EV mode

Notes: First Post on this thread, I drove Priscilla hard this time. AC on blast 69 degrees all of the time. Faster Acceleration and Faster Braking. At the 900 mile mark, I took her up to 90 mph. She handled well at this speed. I was able to get a high of 71 mpg on the display for a 10 mile drive that took me 30 minutes. I know I can drive more conservative to get better mileage per gallon. But at least i know I will get about 45mpg if I drive her hard.