1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Calibration Updates (ECU Flash) policies in different markets

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by astrand, Jul 28, 2013.

1. astrand

astrand PHEV Guru

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It wonder if the policy for Calibration Updates (ECU Flash Reprogramming) is different for different markets. For example, I've noticed that if you run Techstream configured for the US market, it is possible to automatically search for new updates directly from Techstream. Calibration Update files for US and Canada can also be downloaded directly from https://techinfo.toyota.com, provided that you have a subscription. All in all, seems to be quite easy and straight forward. But how often are these updates actually performed in practice, anybody in the US that knows?

In Europe, or at least Sweden, things looks different. First of all, Techstream is not used at all (!). Instead, The instruction says that the Intelligent Tester II should be used. It does not say how the calibration files can be retrieved. I get the impression that since the procedure is fairly time consuming, such updates are not performed very often. The EU tech site,
    Toyota Service Information
    , does not provide any subscription which can access calibration files. I've been driving Prius for many years now, both gen 2 and gen 3, but as far as I know, my dealer has never updated anything. Anybody else living in the EU that has got an update?

2. Drdiesel

Drdiesel Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Most come in the form of a TSB. Otherwise, it's a manual search.

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Pearl S only goes to the stealer if there is a recall. So far that hasn't happened. So no updates.

4. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    US dealer will not update firmware unless there is a major reason such as warranty problem with TSB fix.

robertmaria likes this.