1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

California AW Gun Ban Expiratin

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Henry, Sep 14, 2004.

1. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    The assult weapon ban did not address fully automatic weapons. They have been banned since 1934 by separate laws that remain in effect.

2. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Don et Al:
    That confirms my personal take on all this sort of stuff . We don't need any more knee-jerk laws on the books here in Canada we just need the "Alpha Hotels" in government to make the necessary adjustments to the existing laws to reflect present day technology, retire, or place in a care facility, all the "Ivory Tower" judges and give our law enforcement ( fellow citizens) full support in enforcing the existing laws. I would take great pleasure in being made responsible for pulling the switch, injecting the chemicals, or pulling the trigger to "put down" anything which has been conclusively found guilty of unnessarily harming another living creature. IMHO the world would be great without them!- Off the soapbox but available for the job without a microsecond of hesitation.... now off to take a cold shower and lighten up. :roll:

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman\";p=\"39755)</div>
    I have no problem with that, but the discussion is NOT "should people be allowed to own guns in the U.S.". It is "What sort of weapons are reasonable for people to own?" Sun Tzu gave the extreme example to make a point. I would assume that even the NRA does not think we all have a constitutional right to make WMDs in our basements. Limiting the types of legal weapons to those of value for hunting or sport does not mean every gun in the country should be confiscated.