1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

California Cap and Trade CO2 Update

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by wjtracy, Jun 14, 2016.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I would call it more like a don quiote tilting at windmills type of mass histeria, where cutting down old growth trees and planting a tree farm get you credit, and there is an unknown future tax on gasoline that will be wasted in some scheme, but we will see in a decade which it is.

man if only that federal money had been used on the east coast to improve the rail system where people ride it. I'm sure high speed rail when it goes through sacremento politicians will come way over budget and late, if its completed at all.

California lawmakers unplug the state's electric car program - LA Times
    California Breaks New Ground With Plug-In Electric Car Incentive Program For Low-Income Families
    It is a special program to get low income into cleaner cars, but really they could give someone a lot less to just crush the polluting beasts. Say buy him a 2000 honda civic to replace the 1987 one. That would only cost the state $3000, he would have a better car and cut 90% of the pollution Grr... I think if he is lowest income he can get $11,000 in california incentives and $7500 in federal that makes $18,500, or half the price of a volt.

If you are lowest income you can get $7000 off a 7 year old prius.

#3 austingreen, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    wjtracy likes this.