1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured California's Best Selling Cars for 2022

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, just found that myself :)
    I also found note that the hycam accounted for 8.3% of Toyota’s worldwide hybrid sales. So that would bring Toyota hybrid sales to a rough estimate of 1.4 Million. We almost can reach that plural:ROFLMAO:

2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    They reached 2 million hybrids world wide hit by toyota september 2009. I am not sure how this makes any point.

The tesla roadster came out in 2008 with the prototype in 2006. This proved the concept that bevs based off lithium cells could perform and look great. The design was partially taken from ac propulsion's t-zero that musk drove with executives of the company in 2003. Only 3 were ever made. Musk invested and the company needed his deep pockets because as a concept it was great, but they redesigned just about everything for the 2010 model. They likely lost around $100K for every car they produced, but it was this R&D that got them to the model S. Musk became ceo in 2008.

Toyota invested $50M in pre-ipo tesla in 2010 and sold by 2017. This was one of the most highly profitable things toyota did. If they sold it when they announced in at the begging of 2016 then they got $538M. If they had kept it the stock is worth many times that today. If toyota had stuck with the tesla partnership, by 2020 they would have had an electric SUV that was dominating the market. As it is the Model Y is one of the best selling vehicles in the world.

3PriusMike, Zythryn and hill like this.