1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Call out to any UK members...

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by OWG, Feb 16, 2013.

1. OWG

OWG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    If there are any UK members on this board, I would love to hear from you. I am looking for someone who can facilitate an order for UK market Prius+ corner signal/DRL from the dealer. I was browsing around last night and saw that they are exactly what I am looking for. I am sure that there are others that would be interested in this as well.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Why not just give one a call and see what they can do for you? There shouldn't be a language issue :)

I believe a Toyota dealer in Sheffield in the UK (the place they filmed The Full Monty) often has genuine parts for sale on ebay. Maybe search for them and ask if they'll post some on ebay for you? Just be aware that we have 20% vat/sales tax payable and thus parts prices over here may seem very expensive compared to your home market. I understand that some members on here have ordered these mirrors from Japan where modified Prius parts are widely available and much cheaper than the UK.

I'm also not entirely sure how different the Prius + and the Prius V are. It might just be the different batteries and internal seat arrangements or it might be significant differences where side mirrors with the turn signals just won't fit a Prius V.

I know the European gen3 side mirrors with turn signals have been fitted to US/Canadian Prii.

3. OWG

OWG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for the response.

Going to try and look up the Sheffield dealer now! :)

As for what I am looking for, it is not the mirror, but the front bumper turn signals with LED daytime running lights:

Attached Files:

4. OWG

OWG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I found a Toyota dealer in the UK that has sourced this part and will sell it to me if I want it. Price is steep (about $600 CAD for the set with VAT). Price aside, the one thing that concerns me is if it is a direct physical fit to a North American bumper. I know the wiring will be different, but I can manage that.

Attached is the NA diagram for the turn signal assembly and the UK diagram for the same assembly for the Prius+.
    What are the odds that the connection points to the front bumper would be different? That the bumper shape itself may have subtle differences from NA that would make this not fit?

Just looking for opinions or anyone with experience with both cars to weigh in.

Attached Files:

5. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You're on your own on that one. It's an expensive gamble. I guess you could always TRY to sell the item on ebay if it's wrong. There could indeed be subtle bumper differences, though saying that, ours do have an indent for the smaller non European licence plates and have a big plastic mount overlayed on top to allow fitment of our long number plates. The smaller licence plates are used in Japan, US and Canada.

Though please do not take my word for it.

6. OWG

OWG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks Grumpy! Still thinking about it. The big worry I have is that the bumper is different due to different regional crash test requirements and not necessarily noticeable in a picture. Will have to ponder this for a bit :p