1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Called 2 of the 3 Dealers I have deposit with! No good!!

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by samsprius1, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Confirmed. I was able to have the body side moldings deleted and the floor liners swapped with carpet mats. Now that I know it's so easy(since mine hasn't even reached the port yet), I might also delete the door edge guards.

daisy555, thnok and Gokhan like this.
  2. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Why delete door-edge guards? They are pretty nice.

3. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is there a disadvantage to door edge guards?

4. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice to know. My dealership said they would have to remove body side molding at dealership.

5. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I’ve been waiting forever. My local dealer has only received two…one blue and one red. They supposedly can review the regions allocations and pick a Prius that matches their customers request but so far no silver XLE. Maybe only allowed one or two per allocation and no control over add on accessories. Must be driving them nuts too!

6. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw this protection film on the 2022 that was initially allocated for me but I decided to wait for 2023. Dealer told me this week that the 2023s they’ve seen on allocation lists so far don’t have the pre installed protection film.

7. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    No disadvantage; purely aesthetics. One of the things I love about the gen5 styling is the smooth lines. The door edge guards interrupt that just a tiny amount. It's small enough that I wouldn't mind having them if forced to, but, if I had a choice, I would go without. The single time in 13 years where I actually hit something hard enough to damage the edge of the door, I hit it so hard that a door edge guard wouldn't have done a bit of good. (The wind caught my drivers door and slammed it into the round running board on the truck next to me. Hit it hard enough to bend the edge of the door in at least an inch, and knocked off about half a softball's worth of paint.)

8. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The factory-installed paint-protection film is definitely there, but it is very hard to see. You need to carefully look at the edges of the bumper. It also came on the replacement OEM mirror cover I got.

The port-installed paint-protection film could be thicker and offer more protection.

There is no factory-installed paint-protection film on the hood—only on painted plastic parts and door cups.

Dealers are clueless.

9. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    They are color-matched and you can hardly see them. Certainly, no one else other than the owner will ever notice them.

10. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    My preference came after seeing them in person. You're free to have your own opinion, but I prefer the look of the car without them.

As I said before, it isn't going to ruin my life if I end up with them, but if all it takes to not get them is a 5 minute email to my salesman, well....

SM-S901U ?

daisy555 and ColoradoCrow like this.
  11. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Good rule of thumb: as the car rolls out the factory door, it's good. Well apart from shipping necessary stuff, like over-inflated tires, the body underside plugs in glove box, temporary plastic protections.

12. Sean Bove

Sean Bove New Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    hey there, new here, just bought my third prius, the 2023 limited. out here in california theyre going fast. i got mine through my bank (credit union) auto purchasing program. they are connected to a lot of different dealerships and found mine. its being delivered in the next couple days. my bank said they are not making many of the LE or the LTD, but making more of the XLE since that is what seems to be the most demand. Even at that, they're just not producing them that quickly for some reason.

dbat23 likes this.
  13. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What I meant was I saw the spec sheet of the 2022 silver XLE before it was shipped. Along with the weather guard mats this Prius had the door and side body guards as well as the vinyl paint protection on hood. Even the emergency kit. My guess is they were loading them up with add ons and accessories due to the limited inventory.

Gokhan likes this.
  14. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Got good news today! Local dealer closest to me that I talked to back in December called me and said he had a Midnight Blk metallic Limited that came available! MSRP of course, some equipment I’m not crazy about heated Rear seats and advanced parking assist!!
    I am also getting the Toyota integrated dash cam $350 All weather floor liners/cargo liner $299 and rear bumper Appliqué,$69 He says 4 to 6 weeks for delivery! This will be my third Prius. I think it will be the best one yet✌️

15. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats!

16. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Nobody’s ever going to use those heated seats in the rear! Dealer says it’ll help on resale yeah right!!!

bisco likes this.
  17. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that is an odd option imo, i don't even use them in the front

18. Gokhan

Gokhan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    @Hammersmith will disagree with you.

19. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Meh. I wouldn't go out of my way to add them, even up here in the frigid north. Unless I was regularly transporting people(a.k.a. kids) in the back in the early hours of the morning(I don't).

OTOH, the panoramic view monitor is a big thing for me and you can't get that without also getting the heated rear seats, so...

20. Vneck

Vneck New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I hope the rear vent can be an option instead of heat rear seat. Resell is BS. you won't get 80% back of what you are invited, so pick the options only you really use.