1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Called 2 of the 3 Dealers I have deposit with! No good!!

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by samsprius1, Apr 19, 2023.

1. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Vessel Finder is sort of your friend. You can find out a lot without paying (for small ports, anyway). Prius's are shipped on vehicle carriers form Toyohashi (near Negoya). I would suggest picking the arrival port and looking for Japanese-flagged vehicle carriers. Unfortunaely, results are limited for non-paying useres, so you get better information for small ports than larger ones.

For example, Toyota uses Long Beach and Benicia for California deliveries. Long Beach gets a large number of ships while Benicia gets a smaller number. I believe that most Toyota carriers stop first at Long Beach and then at Benicia. So, checking Benicia can provide information on potential vessels that may be carrying the desired Prius. It appears that the Japanese-flagged vehicle carrier, Century HighwayGreen, left Toyohashi on May 22, was at Long Beach between June 4 and June 6, and at Benicia from June 9 to June 11 (today).

Exerted likes this.
  2. Exerted

Exerted Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, you are a pro. Using the information I have from my salesman, and your post I was able to pinpoint the ship my Prius is on.

3. thnok

thnok Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    FYI you can get a free trial for vessel finder highest tier for 30 days!

4. andyg

andyg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Vessel Finder shows a vehicle carrier ' Aegean Highway' moored at Port Newark, NJ a few minutes ago. Although my dealer did not give me a vessel name or port info, this vessel's departure from Nagoya 5/22 and arrival 6/19 at Port Newark, NJ matches the dates I was given. I am hoping this is the vessel my XSE is on.