1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Called Ground Control...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by mrstop, Mar 8, 2013.

1. mrstop

mrstop PWR Mode

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So I have been trying to figure out what to do in the suspension department. I have been going back and forth between H&R springs or Megan Racing coilovers. I like the idea of coilovers over springs to give me some height adjustability. However, it seems like most of the coilovers available for the Prius (Tanabe, Tein, Megan, BC, etc) are similar units out of the same Taiwan factory. Most people seem to have a good experience and they are reportedly "ok." On the other hand, there are many people who say the have marginal quality compared to more reputable brands.

Ground Control seems to have a very good reputation for quality, ride, price and performance. I have looked at the Ground Control site, but unfortunately there was no listing for the Prius. On a whim, I gave them a call on my way home tonight. After a brief silence on the phone, the guy (with a straight voice as I am sure he was saying Wth to himself) kindly responded that they didn't make any for the Prius as it was their understanding that TRD already manufactured some units. Additionally, there didn't appear to be any demand for them to R&D.

The only downside to the Ground Control option (like springs) is that we would be limited to our current stock struts/shocks as there doesn't appear to be any aftermarkets available yet.

So is there demand? Who would be interested?

2. Mark Mesias

Mark Mesias New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Megan coilovers are good for the price. I've used them on my other cars and have had no problems with it

SCH-I605 ? 2

3. Eugene Hong

Eugene Hong Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ground Controls are a great suspension brand but I doubt you will be able to get them to produce for a handful of Prius modifiers. Too be completely honest... It would be too much suspension for a performance-less prius.