1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Calling all Aussies and Kiwis !!

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by norman, Mar 27, 2004.

1. cupcake

cupcake New Member

thanks Sleeka.

yeah this is disappointing experience. waiting waiting waiting..

2. cupcake

cupcake New Member

was looking at the fotos from here

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=17923

does the new prius come standard with those shark fin antenna?? or are they accessory?? they look really good with the car (heaps better than the old stick looking one)

thanks aussie bro

Im still looking forward to the delivery...

3. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cupcake @ Apr 6 2006, 12:49 PM) [snapback]235650[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, the 2006 models still come with the flexible antenna. The shark fins are available from the US if you really wanted one.

4. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cupcake @ Apr 5 2006, 06:22 AM) [snapback]235196[/snapback]</div>
    Yes it was me that ordered in early December. I was told that they do not make cars for Australia until an order is lodged. That order goes to Japan and they start the building process. Add the delivery time and that is the time they quote. They do add a bit because they are not sure when the ship is due to sail.
    Mine arrived about 3 weeks ago and I took delivery yesterday.

I see that I have a button on the steering wheel that, when pressed, the lady tells me I cannot have voice for that particular screen. In fact, I cannot have voice commands for any screen.
    Does anyone know why the Aussie 06 Prius does not have voice control?
    Is there a way I can turn on the voice control that US cars have?

5. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I read somewhere that there is a plastic hooking device to hang your coat on. Apparently it uses the steel prongs of the headrest because the side airbags inhibit the using a normal hanging position near the hand grip.
    Does anyone know if these are available in Australia or where in the US they can be bought? I can't find the post on any of the Prius forums.

6. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here I go again. Has anyone worked out how to mute the backing beeper on the Aussie 06 Prius? I tried the US method to no effect.
    Has anyone worked out how to make the "I Agree" message delete automatically on the Aussie 06 Prius?

7. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have decided to inflate my tyres at home instead of using the air outlet at a service stations.
    Has anyone any recommendations as to a good air compressor that will do the job.
    Also, I have a tyre gauge that used to be very accurate some 20 years ago. I do not know if it is still accurate so it is about time for me to replace it. Any recommendations on an accurate gauge.

8. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, anyone there? I am feeling a bit lonely on this forum.
    I am going to keep track of my fuel consumption and was wondering if anyone had created an Excel spread sheet to do just that. No sense in reinventing the wheel.

9. cupcake

cupcake New Member

thanks sleeka for the infor. im still waiting for my white prius...

Hi Orf...

10. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cupcake @ May 2 2006, 09:23 PM) [snapback]248869[/snapback]</div>
    Hi cupcake. My Prius is white and I have just put black with a red stripe side protectors on all doors to help prevent parking lot dings. The contrasting colours look very smart.

Oh dear, here I go again.
    Just fitted a sun hood to the MFD. It is held in place by two velcro strips. Now all I need is some sun to see how well it works.
    They are available at:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1Q...assZlindbergh61

Orf

11. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Orf,

with regards to the tyre gauge, check out this topic here on PC:

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=14062&hl=Tire+Gauge

Not sure if the units will work for you but probably worth investigating. The digital ones seem to be the most popular. I've got a really cheap digital one and I like it, except that it only reports in increments of 0.5 lbs. I'd like something more accurate but really, I don't think it's necessary at all.

BTW, how do you guys measure tyre pressure? In pascals?

Sorry that our backward beep instructions didn't work for you. Perhaps if you were to get your hands on a copy of the Aussie Prius technical manual you'd find the answer. I'm really surprised that the procedure seems to be different.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orf @ Apr 26 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]245937[/snapback]</div>
    You could use www.greenhybrid.com to track your mileage. Not a spreadsheet on your computer but it works pretty well and you get a cool image for you signature that automatically changes as your mileage does.

12. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks tripp for the info, it all helps
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ May 6 2006, 10:17 PM) [snapback]250948[/snapback]</div>
    I think that you will find that 0.5 lbs is the display incrementation and not the gauge accuracy.
    Our tyre pressure gauges are usually calibrated in psi as well as kPa but pressure is usually measured in pascals.
    Not quite sure where I can get my hands on a tech manual. I will complain to Toyota when I get my first service done and see if I can get some info that way.
    I have managed to get hold of an Excel spreadsheet for fuel recording.

13. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orf @ May 8 2006, 12:47 AM) [snapback]251353[/snapback]</div>
    Orf, you can download the technical manual from somewhere on the toyota site. If you search PC you should be able to find a link to it. It does cost money, sadly it ain't free.

BTW, are you in Hobart? I've really been chomping at the bit to get down under and see both AUS and NZ. Is the culture pretty different in Tasmania? I don't know much about the place but the few pics I've seen (mainly of the large wind farm) are very nice.

I almost got down there in 2000, an internation running group had a meet up in Hobart. The wife and I really wanted to go, but at the time we just didn't have the scads of cash that we would've needed to make the trip. One of these days...

14. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    quote = (tripp @ May 6 2006, 10:17 PM)<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ May 9 2006, 12:50 AM) [snapback]252017[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the advice, tripp.
    No, I don't live in Hobart. I live on the north coast in the middle part where the weather is much kinder. If you ever come to Melbourne just hop on the overnight ferry to Tasmania. It berths about 2 km from my house.

15. mugahed

mugahed New Member

Hey Guys,

I'm from Sydney and just picked up an 04 Prius base model in Black on Tuesday. I've had an 03 NHW11 for a couple of years now. Didn't realise how different they were till I had both at home. I find the 03 to have a better feel to it.. the steering is so much lighter and it has the best turning circle i have ever seen and just the right size. The 04 is much quicker than the 03 even though the 04 is sooo much bigger and heavier. I was suprised to find that the 04 didnt come standard with a cd stacker even though the 03 did but I guess all the fancy steering wheel buttons make up for it... i'm still getting used to the steering wheel buttons.. i thought it was weird that they put the ac controls on the steering, never seen that before.

As soon as I sell the 03 I plan on doing a few mods to it. First some nice 17'' wheels, a kenstyle body kit, and hopefully a video integration thingo. Has anyone in oz attempted any of these mods? Here's the link for my 03 if anyone is interested :)

Oh and one last thing how long did it take you guys to get used to the dimensions of the car.. I'm driving it around like a tank atm :p

16. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Took my car in for the 1000 km service today - all's well.
    When I arrived to pick it up it was being washed. On looking around the yard while waiting, I noticed 3 Prius just sitting there doing nothing. I asked the car washer why they were there (they keep sold vehicles waiting to be picked up off site). He said that Toyota brought them down to Tassie for Agfest but none sold.
    Anyone wanting instant delivery of a Prius and is willing to pick it up from Tassie drop me a line.
    I know one is definitely an I-tech, the other two I am not sure.
    If anyone is interested I will find out what is available such as colour, price etc.
    If anyone knows of another forum where readers could be interested, please post this info.

17. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Orf @ May 12 2006, 05:23 AM) [snapback]254003[/snapback]</div>
    I checked the dealer for more info on the Prii sitting in his yard. They are all available for immediate delivery.
    There are two brand new I-Tech models, one is green the other silver. Price $48,500.
    There is one demo basic car with $1600 km on the clock that is silver with window tinting, bonnet protector and carpet mats for $38,500.
    Anyone interested please PM me.

18. MarkR

MarkR New Member

Manurah WA here. 04 iTec. Best tank ever = 3.9l/100km, normal 4.4 worst 5.3.

There are heaps of them down our way, in fact another couple whos surname is the same as ours. You shold have seen the confusion when they were both booked in for their 30k service on the same day!

Regards

MarkR

19. skn

skn New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cupcake @ May 3 2006, 12:23 PM) [snapback]248869[/snapback]</div>
    Hi cupcake - I wondered whether you had received your prius yet?

I ordered a new prius a few weeks ago and was told that delivery would be in September. I thought that this probably meant it *might* take until September.

However I have been reading through the forums and noticed that you were waiting.... and then I realized when I read further that you have been waiting since last year! OMG! :eek:

Do you know why your order has taken so long? :blink:

At the moment I have my fingers crossed that you get your prius soon! Partly because I feel bad for you, and partly so that some of us further down the queue might stand a chance of taking delivery this year!

Wow! Let us know how you go!

20. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(justkroozin @ May 27 2006, 10:31 PM) [snapback]261733[/snapback]</div>
    justkroozin.
    Welcome in advance for your Prius experience.
    Did you read the post from Orf above about the 2 new I-techs in Launceston which are available now. Your dealer could negotiate with the Tassie dealer to swap an order and get you a car a lot sooner, if you want a Silver or Green car.
    There is also a new Red/Ivory I-Tech up here in Brisbane available for immediate delivery at a $1500 discount. How much would it cost to fly up here and drive it home? PM me if you would like any details.

Good luck!
    John.