1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Calling all Aussies and Kiwis !!

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by norman, Mar 27, 2004.

1. kentricho

kentricho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi there,

Yay, I've finally found a post that has other Aussie's posting in it.

Anyway, my name is Kent, I am from Melbourne, I just bought a 2006 Toyota Prius iTech in Ebony. The dealer thinks it will take around 3 months for delivery.

I paid $49600 on the road and the car came with paint protection, window tint, floor mats and full tank of petrol.

Can some other Aussies post what they paid for their Prius?

Cheers,
    Kent

2. Aussie56

Aussie56 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kentricho @ Jul 3 2006, 08:48 PM) [snapback]280755[/snapback]</div>
    $36962 for a 2005 Base Model this time last year. That was via a novated lease, so they probably got a good corporate discount.

3. cupcake

cupcake New Member

hi there. i paid around $50000 for the same thing here in sydney. i ordered last year nov, got delivery in may.

the keyless entry and keyless start is so much fun...

4. kentricho

kentricho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cupcake @ Jul 5 2006, 11:16 AM) [snapback]281198[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Cupcake & Aussie56,

Thanks for your replies. I don't feel so bad about paying what I paid now. I thought I was being ripped, but it seems pretty standard across the board that Toyota are charging around the $50K mark on-road.

Cheers,
    Kent

PS: Cupcake: You should update your profile to include the car type :)

5. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Called in to Launceston Toyota to find out why my vanity lights would not work. The service rep showed me that the mirror slide had to be open before they would work. Seems a silly idea because each light has its own switch.
    While there, I complained about the Bluetooth microphone not giving sufficient volume so that call receivers could hear me clearly. He contacted Toyota and they told him that they had not received any complaints. I asked him to officially log my complaint with Toyota. If anyone else has experienced problems with outgoing call readability please get your local Toyota people to log a complaint. Incoming call volume is OK (adjustable), it is only the outgoing speech that is soft and a bit fuzzy.

6. Aussie56

Aussie56 New Member

Did somebody say that they could disable the reverse beep, but not the seatbelt beep in the Australian model?

I've had no luck with either, and I'd be interested if anyone has had some success there.

7. cupcake

cupcake New Member

Hi all.

does anyone know if the Shark fin antenna will affect the performance of the GPS reception...

they look amazing.. but it would be silly for me to add one if they are no good..

thanks all.

8. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cupcake @ Jul 17 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]287448[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Cupcake.
    It will have no bearing at all on the GPS....totally different systems.
    I agree on the great look, I'm just waiting on mine, and some colour-coded bump strips, to arrive from the States.

Regards,
    Sleeka.

9. cupcake

cupcake New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sleeka @ Jul 17 2006, 04:14 AM) [snapback]287467[/snapback]</div>

thanks.. so that antenna is not for the GPS... thats great...
    are you getting yours from priuschat.com shop ??

looks like i will be ordering one too..

10. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cupcake @ Jul 17 2006, 08:05 PM) [snapback]287475[/snapback]</div>
    Cupcake,
    No, the GPS antenna lives under the dashboard, go right ahead and order.

You can get the shark fin either from PriusChat shop, or direct from www.visualgarage.com who are the manufacturers, and will send internationally.

Cheers,
    Sleeka.

11. cupcake

cupcake New Member

just ordered from priuschatshop.
    apparently there is no shipping charge... now i cant wait to get it.

thanks Sleeka

12. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cupcake @ Jul 19 2006, 08:23 PM) [snapback]288583[/snapback]</div>
    Not quite right....no shipping charge within the US.

Sleeka.

13. kentricho

kentricho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Cupcake,

I ordered a Wheelskin from the PriusChat.com shop. The owner of the shop invoiced me for an additional $11.60USD for the shipping to Australia.

I assume you will be in a similar situation.

Kind regards,
    Kent

14. cupcake

cupcake New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kentricho @ Jul 19 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]288986[/snapback]</div>

that is crap. but i already checkout and paid with credit card. they cant charge me extra money now... if they can do that then whats there to stop them charging $100 extra for shipping.

15. cupcake

cupcake New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cupcake @ Jul 19 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]289162[/snapback]</div>

ok. so they send me an email to confirm extra shipment cost before they process the order. that is ok now.

16. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cupcake @ Jul 21 2006, 12:20 PM) [snapback]289746[/snapback]</div>
    Can I ask how much extra for shipping?

Sleeka.

17. kentricho

kentricho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sleeka, shipping of a wheelskin for me was $11.60USD, I'm not sure on what they do the shark fin for though.

18. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kentricho @ Jul 22 2006, 06:58 PM) [snapback]290390[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks, just curious as I ordered mine and one for another Prius owner up here direct from Visual Garage.

Still waiting impatiently for your car?

Regards,
    Sleeka.

19. kentricho

kentricho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey mate,

Yeah I am still waiting for my Prius. My dealer told me roughy 29 August, but I've checked the order status page on Toyota's website, and it still has my vehicle sitting on stage 1 of 7 (order processing)

So basically, they've got one and a bit months to manufacture the car and ship it to Australia.

By the way, did you get any aftermarket crap with yours like the sound deadening??

20. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kentricho @ Jul 24 2006, 08:15 AM) [snapback]291113[/snapback]</div>
    Nope, ours is a base model anyway (couldn't justify the $10k extra for the I-Tech, got an aftermarket GPS instead for $800), but I did negotiate a $1000 discount.
    I import mudflaps and slimline weathershields for Prius, and I'm just waiting on delivery of the side bump strips and sharkfin antenna. It also has mats, an invisible bra and fitted sheepskin seat covers. We're happy with it.

If you don't want to wait, there is a Wildfire Red/Ivory trim 2006 I-Tech ready to go here in Brisbane for $47500 drive away.

Cheers.