1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Calling All Future 2010 Prius Owners! :-)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Peppito, Apr 22, 2009.

1. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The added weight of the solar/moon roof will also have an adverse affect on handling as the weight could only be higher if it was on the radio antenna. As any boy racer(who likes corners) knows, if you want performance you want light weight and if you can't remove the weight make that weight as low as you can. There is a kit to lower the running gear in Subaru WRX while maintaining stock external appearance. It requires you raise the body shell and lower the suspension so giving an outward appearance of a stock standard car from the outside but handling is greatly improved. Only the shell and wheels remain at stock height. These guys are serious.

Personally I would forgo the solar roof particularly as it is so expensive. I'd rather have 17 inch wheels as long as Michelin made a durable LRR tyre to suit.

2. greylar

greylar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It was mentioned before but everyone is so concerned about the weight of this (solar package) or that (electric seats) impacting mpg. But what about the weight of all those big macs that everyone is carrying around. I really don't know anyone that couldn't stand to loose 10 lbs. Come-on people use this as your incentive.
    G

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I could use to drop 45 kilos!

4. Hari_Prius

Hari_Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    dude, the MSRP from a 2010 base Prius package 2 is ~22750, so thats wheret the 2009 pkg 2 inventory cost is at! even if you're buying at MSRP, that's cheap compared to the 2009s!

today, i was about to buy a 2009 pkg 2 at invoice but transfered my deposit towards a 2010

5. saxamoophone

saxamoophone New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's what I plan to do. While I really would love to run out and get one in May, I can wait a few extra months until the "waiting list" is gone. I may not get much under MSRP, but I could at least fight for a good trade-in-value and finance rate...

6. saxamoophone

saxamoophone New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    True, but it also costs Toyota quite a bit less for the 2010 with a cheaper hybrid-drive. ;)

7. sluday

sluday New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    gas prices are low??? Yes compared to last year. In New Jersey, 2 months ago regular gas was $1.59 gal and today it is $1.89 so 15 cents a month looks like $3 by Christmas.

8. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was looking at the Wet Okole seat covers. They make custom fit seat covers. I am sure I will have to wait for them to make new covers since the seats are a little different this year.:D

9. Hari_Prius

Hari_Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    cheaper by how much? where do you forsee the inventory cost to be? my guess is there's a ~2K difference from msrp and inventory....

10. lauren80ryan

lauren80ryan New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I read somewhere on here it costs 30% less to produce the 2010 than previous model. Esp. since they are now charging you for the touch screen and back up camera and extra SKS wiring. That takes a nice little chunk out of the "base" costs.

My dealer is charging MSRP on new 2010s. No more, no less. I am okay NOT saving $2k and getting one RIGHT NOW!! Esp. after 6 months of waiting!! And esp. with the rumor in Wa. state that they will be adding the sales tax back on to hybrids in July. That is the $2k I'm giving them now by paying MSRP so it's a wash for me.

As for sunroof, I am all about it!:p I want to be spoiled! And since I thought the basic package #3 was going to be $27k w/o it, I'm okay spending $26,600.:D I think it's beautiful, sexy, sporty, fun, just so much MORE than a "normal" prius and I think it will bring in quite a few new buyers. people are weird like that. "I'd get a prius but I'd miss my sunroof too much." For you people, we now present the 2010!!!:rockon: