1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CALLING ALL TOYOTA HYBRID OWNERS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by saatchila, Oct 19, 2006.

1. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(STexasPrius @ Oct 20 2006, 11:54 PM) [snapback]336005[/snapback]</div>
    I'd say that second pose is explicit enough already!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. prez1

prez1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Oct 21 2006, 11:11 AM) [snapback]336093[/snapback]</div>
    They are still just a big company- even more reason not to provide info.
    Just my opinion.

3. matthew

matthew New Member

Hi All,

I'd like to thank Cathy and George for their hospitality at the OC Prius Club Halloweenie Roast you were great hosts and made me feel very welcomed! I'd also like to thank Sev from the San Diego club for driving up and showing me his 2006 complete with Hybrid decals. Those veggie dogs were surprisingly good!

Thank you to those who have emailed/faxed in your forms (as confusing as they may be for some) we are thrilled with the response thus far and I want to encourage everyone to spread the word about this opportunity. It is a great chance to support the Hybrid Synergy Movement and you could get to be on TV as well as featured in online ads.

Saatchi & Saatchi LA is the advertising agency that is looking for candidates to be in a commercial for Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Vehicles. The production company that is facilitating this is called TVS Productions. They set up the NVBB Prius account and email address to help us manage the submissions. Neither is a subsidiary of Toyota, instead Toyota is the client of Saatchi & Saatchi LA and we are providing a service to them by creating commericals for TV and the Internet. Hope that clears things up for you.

The information that you provide will only be used to help us at the agency make a decision on who gets to be in the commercial. We won't share it or give it out to third parties. It is entirely your decision on whether you want to send in your info or not. If you do, give yourself a good chance by including photos of you and your car, or other fun, interesting (and tasteful) shots.

Matthew Pollock
    Producer
    Saatchi & Saatchi LA

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Matthew @ Oct 23 2006, 07:26 PM) [snapback]337146[/snapback]</div>
    I wasn't going to fill out one of those forms, but I'm afraid that you forced me to on Saturday. B)

[​IMG]

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is really pathetic. The agency is out of ideas and so now they're asking US to help sell the car for them?

Maybe Hal Riney is available to do a voiceover, a la the early Saturn Commercials...?

6. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Though I am not going to complete their link, I think it's a great opportunity to reflect real Prius owners. We, out of anyone, certainly have taken a liking to this car! I am also grateful that they're speaking of doing more advertising for the Prius. I can never understand why they don't start publicizing the great "actual" mpg that this car gets. Viewing all the commercials available thus far, one would never know. Any person that's asked me what my MPG is, is also surprised. Maybe this ad agency can hammer this point home.

7. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SSimon @ Oct 24 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]337607[/snapback]</div>
    What will probably happen is that they will shoot Prius owners, probably telling their story in their own words. Then, if the Prius owners are sufficiently photogenic, and if the owners' story itself happens to be something that can be melded into supporting whatever marketing brief the agency has been given by Toyota, the footage will be cut together to form a television spot.

The thing is, you don't know what spin they'll put on you, your image, and your words, because you don't know anything about the point they're trying to convey.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SSimon @ Oct 24 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]337607[/snapback]</div>
    Honestly, I don't own a television set anymore, so I'm not normally seeing the advertising you mention. The agency will likely consider what is currently preventing more people from buying cars equipped with HSD...and however they decide to counter those objections, that'll be the spot or campaign.

I suspect that it isn't real vs. actual mileage that's the problem, but things like "you don't have to plug it in" and "it's not any harder to drive than a regular car, but saves gas and emits fewer pollutants" and "even though it's a little bit more expensive to buy initially, the resale value and knowledge of doing something good for the planet outweighs that many times over" and like that.

8. RonH

RonH Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Last summer the local Toyota dealers ran some ads during the Padres games, the only time I remember seeing them, which featured a supposedly real Toyota hybrid owner standing by their car testifying as to its wonderfulness. The two I remember was a guy with a Highlander and a young woman with her Prius. The ads had the look and feel of the Mac switch ads and the young woman had just enough valley girl about her to remind me of Ellen Feiss.

9. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It sounds like us east coast folks don't have a chance....

would like to hear what happens with this!

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(inventor00 @ Oct 21 2006, 10:10 AM) [snapback]336079[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, really? Well, I hope when they update their HSD site they make it accessible to everyone and get rid of the flash stuff. It's not impressive when people can't access a site. The Prius doesn't need to give off any more hubris than already imagined.

11. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If they want to get stories from Prius owners they could check out Bill Nye's Hybrid Center.Org site. They can specifiy Prii in California.

Who's Got Hybrids.

Attached Files:

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Okay. I've downloaded the page and opened it in Dreamweaver.

First, not all of the tags are compatible with all browsers. Big surprise.

In Dreamweaver it looks fine. No overlaping text. But when I preview it in several browsers the "enter this site" is still under the text in the box above.

So I went back to Dreamweaver and deleted the entire textbox leaving nothing but the enter this site button and previewed it again. It's fine but the "enter this site" link is a javascript that opens a new window. It's not opening in preview.

As I said before...this is some webjockey's idea of being cool and impressive. Which is it NOT when it doesn't work. Impressive turns to stupid when it doesn't work. (Anyone reading this, Toyota?) Try the KISS style of webdesign. If this was designed to make money....you'd be losing big bucks. As it is....I'm not going to waste my time trying to access it any more. Prius owners aren't exactly a major commodity. Allow only a fraction of THEM to access your website and you're basically wasting your time.

I highly recommend these books (unfortunately out of print now):

Webpages that suck.

Son of Webpages that Suck.

"Learn Good Design by Looking at Bad Design"

Unfortunately, since the link opens a new javascript window rather than leading to an URL there is NO SOLUTION to those of us for whom this website.....sucks.

13. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Godiva -- is that a DOG or a RABBIT?!?

14. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbarnhart @ Oct 27 2006, 12:22 AM) [snapback]339129[/snapback]</div>
    I was thinking of putting wings on him and hanging him upside down from the rafters for Halloween.

I should have called him Anubis.

Yep, they just stood up one day. Now they depend on his mood. Both up, both down, one or the other up like semafore. And he's quite the little gentleman. He doesn't expose his privates in public as a means of professional career advancement.

15. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just hope they do a better job on the commercials that those stupid Hummer ones where getting a hummer was suppose to fix your shortcomings (guy in grocery store, and mother at playground).

16. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Well Matthew Pollock from Saatchi & Saatchi,

From amongst us Priuschatters, if you want to know who “LOVES†their Prius the most, let me introduce you to . . . [drum roll] . . .

PIXI</span>

[​IMG]
    http://priuschat.com/Pixie-m3205.html

I believe she embodies everything you are looking for in a person who loves their Prius. Note how she carefully places a towel between her and her car when she gives it a hug. Now THAT is love.

Two Haiku she posted:

Environment care
    got me where I am today -
    hugging my Prius.

Quietly cruising
    while all around is madness.
    Commuting is fun.

And a post on pedestrians who are oblivious to nearby Prii in Stealth Mode:
    <span style="color:#009900">"I don't mind waiting a bit for oblivious walkers but, if they stop and look like they're going to set up shop, I'll tap the horn. "

http://priuschat.com/index.php?act=Search&...p;hl=&st=25

Unfortunately she has not posted on Priuschat since February 2006, so I doubt she knows you are casting for her likeness. Find her and you have your Prius lovin' star. :D

17. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This was in a PM to me. Does it MATTER that the (VERY BIG AND FAMOUS) Toyota uses this (VERY BIG AND FAMOUS) ad agency?

Note the bit about "...and are concerned about our global environment." What is bad about that? Can you say GLOBAL WARMING for one.

I'd have been on this like a shot, but the Pri and me are going to be on a LONG roadtrip during their relevant dates. Murphy's law strikes again.

(Oh yeah, and just because you are paranoid DOESN'T mean "THEY' are not out to get you!) ;)

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Oct 25 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]338208[/snapback]</div>
    They must be Hummer drivers if they want to shoot Prius owners?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Oct 27 2006, 12:17 AM) [snapback]339109[/snapback]</div>
    You've lost me. What are you talking about? The ad agency's website?

19. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Rufie -- I got the PM too. I sent an email trying to convince the casting director that I'm too "white and nerdy" for their commercial. She wanted to meet me anyway so I'm going in for an interview. Hope I get to save the planet...

20. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jbarnhart @ Oct 28 2006, 10:36 PM) [snapback]340204[/snapback]</div>
    Good luck! Never mind that MOST Pri drivers seem to be of the nerd /geek variety... :rolleyes: