1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

camber adjustment

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by crazyjeys, Sep 4, 2012.

1. crazyjeys

crazyjeys Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Got my pri aligned the other day and the tech said that there is no adjustment for camber in the prius. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience in camber bolts. My specs are within range but I wanted to put more negative camber in the fronts.

2. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The front camber can be adjusted by changing the bolts that attach the hub assembly to the strut, two bolts per strut. They are listed in the Toyota parts system.

The rear camber is not adjustable with stock parts but there are aftermarket shims available. Some are garbage and some are OK. Search for posts on the topic by "The Critic" to find out one bad brand and one good brand.

If your "tech" said the front camber isn't adjustable, he isn't a tech, just a shop simian and you shouldn't pay much attention to what he says. The process is clearly explained in the Toyota shop manual and the parts are available from the Toyota parts department.

3. crazyjeys

crazyjeys Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Are there multiple part numbers for the bolt or is it like the aftermarket camber bolts?

4. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There are multiple part numbers for the two bolts per front wheel. Which ones you get depends on how much correction you want to make. I have also seen aftermarket adjustable camber bolts for Prius front suspension.

5. crazyjeys

crazyjeys Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you for that info!

Shonn likes this.