1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Camera kit in mirror with homelink for Prius IV

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by riva, Nov 29, 2010.

1. riva

riva New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not at all. The view is very good. The night vision has also been great. Perhaps my tinted windows or the auto dimming feature in the mirror may be helping out there. I live in Florida, so I don't think I'll need to wait until summer.... I'll keep everyone posted if it does become an issue.

2. web1b

web1b Active Member

Tinted windows probably helps. I've read many reviews where they complain they can't see the screen in bright sunlight. I'll factor in getting tinted windows into the cost if I ever get something like that.
    What do dealers charge in parts and labor for the backup camera system?

3. riva

riva New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm not really sure what this really cost, because it was negotiated into my vehicle purchase. My dealer says he spent almost "1000" on the parts and labor. I have seen the 50 Genk3545 mirror priced at around 700 (retail) on the internet and the Boyo VTL400 camera as low as 75 dollars. If you're not interested in the homelink system, there are mirrors with camera monitors that are much less expensive.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kermit262

Kermit262 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks Riva for all the great detail and photos - I plan to have an aftermarket camera and mirror installed later this year.