1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Camry/ES engine swap project!

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by galaxee, Jun 27, 2007.

1. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thats probably the issue, I've never liked the Meguiars claybars they aren't as aggressive as the Clay Magic bars, even the blue one.

Yeah if thats the issue don't run out and buy anything else you don't need, I hope things look up!

2. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thats probably the issue, I've never liked the Meguiars claybars they aren't as aggressive as the Clay Magic bars, even the blue one.

Yeah if thats the issue don't run out and buy anything else you don't need, I hope things look up!

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  4. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    AWESOME_ You made it look like NEW!

5. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    That car looks amazing.

Just goes to show what a little hard work can do. To someone else it was junk no worth putting any money or work into.

I think we need another "R".

Reduce
    REPAIR
    Reuse
    Recycle

6. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Looks great Galaxee! Really does, you guys will get a lot of enjoyable use out of that car now.

7. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    thanks all :) there are still some imperfections that you can see up close, but overall the car looks and runs vastly better than it did in june when we bought it. and it still cost us less than buying another good-shape camry. time investment doesn't count, since we had more of that than money.

we can expect probably another 100k out of this car if properly taken care of, giving the car a total of about 250k miles. that will easily carry us through the current rough times and at least until the prius is paid for.

we've had 2g camrys with that kind of mileage on them- DH drove this one for a year, sold it, and we ended up with almost zero net cost except gas and insurance. and it didn't get the big engine/trans seal job we just did on our current one...
    [​IMG]

8. galaxee

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i can't believe it's been 2 years. the car has 190k miles... DH wasn't driving it much for the last year or so, but it's the daily driver again.

it wasn't sounding perfect lately, and idle was a little off, so DH did some digging around under the hood. he put in a new fuel filter and cleaned out the injectors. it's like a different vehicle! sounds beautiful, runs beautiful. gonna run a top engine cleaner through it soon, see if that makes it even better.

also replaced the conked-out sunroof motor, so things are going pretty good in the old car.