1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Camry Hybrid LE for a day vs. Prius liftback Three

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by cycledrum, Feb 20, 2013.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm only 5'-8", so i find the 08 power fabric seats very comfortable. never thoght about it before, but that's the only advantage to being short. unless you count never hitting your head on anything.:cool:

2. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the review.

One can get a 2013 Camry XLE Hybrid with no additional options, for about $25k (discounted). It really makes me wonder if I should trade my Prius in, as I would appreciate the additional refinement and handling.

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks for the review.

That's too bad one has to pay that much more to get the JBL stereo. I had a loaner previous gen HyCam before w/JBL and nav and wow, the JBL stereo was much nicer than the JBL stereo in my Gen 2 Prius.

Yeah, when it comes times to replace my Prius, if I don't need a car w/HOV stickers (well, the green and white ones might be invalid by then), I'd really consider the HyCam as I kinda miss the extra power now that I no longer have my Z. My mom's 07 NAH which has almost identical hp and acceleration times as the '12+ HyCam feels so much faster than my pokey Prius.

I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of mileage.

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would like to see power driver's seat in the base hybrid LE as an option. I have no problems with 16" wheels and plastic wheelcovers; they get a little better fuel economy of the 17" ers.

If either you or cwerdna test it out sometime, I'd be interested to hear what you think.