1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Camry owner considering switch to Prius Prime

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Jnbrown, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Jnbrown

Jnbrown Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks everyone for the input. Its more positive than what I anticipated and helps to confirm I am making the right choice.
    It turns out there are no Prius Primes at any SoCal dealers except a few red ones. I can put down a $500 refundable deposit for one arriving around the end of next month.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We're former owners of a 2002 Camry XLE as well (it had a short life.. was totalled in 2007). Our latest purchase is a 2016 Prius. It's definitely closer to the Camry (aside from space of course) than any of the Prius before it. It's quieter, more comfortable and it does handle better than the Camry. We've owned/currently own Gen 2 and Gen 3 Prii.

If you qualify for all the tax credits, this might actually be the time where it's worth it to buy brand new. In CA, the Prime Plus will end up costing less than a Prius Two but with more equipment (and 25 mile AER).

bwilson4web likes this.
  3. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Carson Toyota seems to have some in or in transit. Here is @DianneWhitmire 's latest posting.
    Dianne's 2017 Prius Prime inventory and incentive details with rebate low apr's and lease rates! | Page 7 | PriusChat

4. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Have you tried Lizette Vega Longo Toyota? They didn't have my car, but got it in two days.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. Pdxprimeguy

Pdxprimeguy Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yes if you don't need Alot of space. It's worth it. I traded in my 2016 Highlander XLE. And I do not regret it. The prime drives smoother quieter and has less wind noise then the Highlander. Looks good. Drives solid and good even at high speeds. I recommend a 240v charger. I save $200-$250 a month in gas vs when I had the Highlander. I use the adaptive cruise control often. And love the heated steering wheel and rain sensing wipers in the advanced model. Either model you can't go wrong. No range anxiety. And awesome mpg.