1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can’t turn audio on

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by CliffS, Oct 16, 2022.

1. CliffS

CliffS New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Starting last November my 2018 Prius has had deteriorated audio. Started off where I could not get audio for AM/FM and I would either reboot audio or power off/on the car and it would work. Then it would work if the display on the dash was in anything but map mode. Then it worked if I removed my Bluetooth connection to my phone. Now it only works about 10% of the time and the dealer can’t figure it out (often on start up it won’t display the menu till I have gone a couple of miles as it gets stuck in a reboot mode), other than putting on latest flash drive update which is what I had already done. Do I just need to break down and buy a new radio? I can run the navigation app but all audio options show up but no sound or action when I click on them. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Do you have any warranty left? I really don't know what to suggest other than the hold power button reboot which you have already used, and then some. From your chronology I suspect it started going bad before you flashed the firmware. Were there instructions with the firmware flash? An included txt file with the .zip? Most flash drives (thumb drives) are formatted in exFAT which may or may not have contributed to a corrupt load. Were there indications of success when you flashed the firmware? Of course, there could be many other causes. How is your 12V battery health? Low voltage can cause boot problems. Is your "dealer" a Toyota dealer? And they can't figure this out??