1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can anyone confirm actual range on EV on PIS 10kwt?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by BestPal, Oct 17, 2012.

1. BestPal

BestPal New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've been up and down trying to find actual users who have Plug in Supply 10Kw kit installed to confirm or disprove the claimed on PIS website 50 mile EV range and 35 mile EV range in High Speed EV (up to 72mph). According to PIS website, they should have at least 140 vehicles on the road with their kit installed. Not one on this forum? Please come out and talk if you are a genuine PIS client and do not work for them or are affiliated with them in any way. I'm thinking of putting it on a 2005 GEN II but I'd like some real world feed back on the kit before I dump 8 to 10 thousand of my most favorite dollars. BTW, I'm in San Diego and my daily commute is 46 miles round trip, I can keep it under 50mph if choose an alternate route (almost same distance though). So if 50 miles EV range is REAL with this kit, it would fit my commute perfectly so I can stay EV only for over 90% of my driving. Please let me know what you think and your experience with PIS 10kw kit.

SteveWlf likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    another thread talked about 14 miles average on thier pis 4kw, so 10 sould be 35? there are a few pis users and threads here, did you search?

SteveWlf likes this.