1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can "Auto iPod" be stopped?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by JohnJS, Jan 24, 2013.

1. JohnJS

JohnJS New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    First post here, forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere; I tried to find it but couldn't, so I'm posting the question to see if anyone has a thought on this ...

I have a 2013 Prius Plug-In base model. So far, I love it, even if it has been VERY difficult to wade through the manual. For this price, Toyota should simply have a toll-free number staffed with experts for personal queries!

At any rate ... here's my issue, which is more an irritation than anything. When I plug in my iPhone, it "overrides" the audio system, so that whatever I'm listening to is stopped and my iPhone begins playing iPod music -- irritatingly, in alphabetical order, so a song I don't even particularly care for always comes on. I've tried figuring out a way to stop this, but was wondering if it's something others have experienced? I'd love it if, when I plugged in my iPhone, the car didn't automatically assume I wanted to PLAY MUSIC, but simply use the phone's apps.

Does anyone know if the car can be programmed to not automatically start playing the iPod music whenever it's plugged in? (As a note, this only happens if I plug in the iPhone AFTER I have started the car. If I plug it in before I even press the start button, the audio system begins in "off" mode, which is also a bit frustrating ... why can't it just stay in radio mode?!)

Thank you!

2. benalexe

benalexe Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I hate that too. I wish there was a fix

3. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
  4. Blu-ray

Blu-ray Blizzard Brigade #215

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't have the issue of the radio starting in off mode. As for the auto ipod, I make sure to plug it in before I start the car and it doesn't go automatically to iPod. However, if I do it after I start then it always thinks I want to play iPod, which is annoying. So I just make sure it's plugged in before I start her up.

5. HprDad

HprDad Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've thought about creating an empty "Song", and calling it "AAUGH!" (adding "A"s as necessary to get it to the top), so I'll have time to stop it before it plays a song I really don't want to hear at 6am. Complete with Charlie Brown "AAUGH!" album artwork. :D

6. Zephyr7

Zephyr7 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    there are 2 issues reported here.
    1. auto play back feature - everyone hates that LOL
    2. play back does not resumes but starts from beginning.

I was playing with my system and I found out with iOS device when the Music App is close, the system does not resume. If the App is open for awhile then insert the device, the system does resumes. This could be a Apple issue.