1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CAN bus Lock?

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by kenmce, Nov 9, 2021.

1. kenmce

kenmce High Voltage Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Does anyone make a plug that can lock into the CANBUS socket? I keep finding links for things that you plug into the socket and it locks the doors when you start driving. I want to secure the port.

2. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am not exactly sure what your question is. Are you talking about an adaptor that you attach to the OBDII port and allows the car doors to be locked automatically or maybe remotely? AFAIK, PP already has the function of locking the doors when you start driving, but of course, that is not so much for security but for safety. You are in the car driving the car. Sorry, but I don't understand why you want to secure the "port" (I am assuming this to be OBDII port) while you are in the car driving.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The connector pops into the hole in the lower dash from behind. You could squeeze the tabs and pop it out, and just have it tucked up behind the dash panel where no one would see it. Maybe fit it into a lockout box back there if need be.