1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I adjust the headlight aim horizontally??? I.e left and right?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by graham hendren, Sep 15, 2015.

1. graham hendren

graham hendren Geeman .. taximan

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My car just failed its mot . In the uk the offside beam is to far to the right . I have found the vertical adjust screw but can not see another . Nor have I seen anything on line about it . My car is a gen3 . 2010

2. PRIUS STAR SHIP

PRIUS STAR SHIP Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hope this is helpful.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    There is no horizontal axis adjustment. However, you should check that the bulbs are installed correctly in the headlight housing. With the limited access space available behind the headlights, it's very easy to incorrectly install the bulbs at an angle with the bulb tabs not fully engaged on all sides.

This will cause the skewed light output you describe, but it can also cause damage to your plastic headlight housing if the heat from the incorrectly installed bulb melts the plastic mounting area.

4. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    no is correct.

5. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Huh, you are not the OP... :confused:

6. Jarkko

Jarkko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A

Old thread, but I failed to find anything on search too. Search at the car in good daylight brought some light to lateral/left-right adjustment.
    At least with LED head lights in my Prius+ (Prius v in North-America) there is adjustment screw. The light unit even contains instructions :) See attached picture: red arrow points to screw, and blue circle tells how to use it. IMG_1169.jpg
    The screw location could differ a little bit between models, but not much I guess..