1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I install Navigation system on 2009 Gen II Prius, Option 2?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ashbh, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Ashbh

Ashbh New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was wondering if I can buy a Gen II (2009 or 2008), Option 2 Prius and install a Navigation System.

It already has the LCD screen, will we be able to install the Nav System. If yes, how much is it going to cost.

Thanks
    AB

2. ronhowell

ronhowell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Do you mean a simple GPS unit, or something approximating the factory installed unit?

If the latter, expect to face up to a large bill, if it is possible at all.

3. Ashbh

Ashbh New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II

Yes, "something approximating the factory installed unit" I was wondering since it has the LCD screen, can we install Navigation system. If yes, I would like to know how much it is going to cost.

4. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I believe the screen for the nav unit is different you would also need the nav DVD player that goes under the seat, the steering wheel with nav buttons, and screen surround with extra buttons, and wiring loom. If you can get these from a breaker and fit it yourself you may do it for s little as $750/800. Not really worth the effort. There are double DIN radio/satnavs that fit the prius. Have a look here.
    Gen II Prius Audio and Electronics

John (Britprius)