1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I link 2 things bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by starwood, Jan 9, 2018.

1. starwood

starwood Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have my iphone linked bluetooth so I can use my phone. I also have an ipod which is bluetooth. Can I link both of them at the same time and use my ipod for voice controlled music?

2. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Probably not. I know that it will not recognize two phones at once...

RCO likes this.
  3. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think you have to unpair the first pairing before you can pair another device to the car, so you can't run both simultaneously.

krmcg likes this.
  4. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It depends on the vehicle. Your profile says you have a 2009. You are posting in the forum for the 2016 and newer Liftback which has different Bluetooth capabilities.
    As experienced by Toyota's crippling of the lane alerts, their products do not always add useful features. Sometimes they regress.
    In short, Gen 4 users cannot definitively say how your 2009 Prius will handle this. You would not do any damage to try yourself if you have both devices.

RCO likes this.
  5. Lucifer

Lucifer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    As mentioned, you can link 20 devices, but only use one at a time.
    Can’t wait for Alexa, not...
    I link my phone to listen to the Pandora app (the notorious BIG), Alexa is funny about grabbing different blue tooth devices.

RCO likes this.
  6. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is that true for the 2009 Prius listed by the op? If not, what the Prime can do is off-topic.

7. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No it isn't, the Gen 2 can pair 6 devices, but can only use 1 at a time. If you wish to play music, you need to connect it via the aux plug in the console and a aux cable.

PS, the best thing you Gen 4 people can do for Gen 2 or other Gens) newcomers posting in the wrong forum is just report the post to the moderators to move to the correct Gen 2 (or other Gen) forum (as somebody has done with this one) and then they can get targeted and (hopefully) accurate information. It does not do a Gen 2 (or other Gen) owner any good to know what the Gen 4 can do, most of the time. Also feel free to NOT comment, if you don't have the specific Gen 2 (or other Gen) information that you know to be accurate.

8. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So many people here either have multiple Prii or just have their profile incorrect..Sine the OP did not state what year car, I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they may have been talking about a Gen 4. Otherwise I usually report a misplaced thread.

Since they have not replied to this thread, I guess we'll never know for sure.

RCO likes this.
  9. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you are going to assume anything, I think it safer to assume people know what car they have and but can't navigate PriusChat very well.

BTW, my post wasn't aimed at you specifically Prodigy.

PS, regardless, my last two points stand.

RCO likes this.