1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I remove the panic button?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by cmulder, Mar 26, 2016.

1. cmulder

cmulder New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    So I only have one key and the car alarm is going off randomly. The panic key (the red part) fell of and its just the white part underneath. I'l like to just break it out--will that disable it? Is there some other way to disable this panic button from the key?

What about just pouring some glue into it?

2. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Well, you might reconsider getting rid of the panic button, one key is bad enough, no key is a lot worse, I think it would be a good idea to get another key, yes it's expensive, but a lot easier to do when you have at least one partially working key fob.

3. cmulder

cmulder New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Well its a 2007 and I don't want to spend that kind of money for a new key. Also I do have another key but its not a "FOB" its a key that works the door mechanically (like a regular key) and then can be inserted to start the car.

I really just need to know if putting some glue in the key will fix it or not.