1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I replace NAV MFD with a non-NAV MFD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by drew2prius, Jun 14, 2019.

1. drew2prius

drew2prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Helping friend with 2008 Prius, that has nav, jbl and backup. I have a 2015 Prius.

The touchscreen is wacky responsive. In Nav mode the cursor does move around when screen is touched, but only down. I have looked thru all the forums and message boards trying to re-calibrate, but nothing works. I can get to the basic system menu, but not to the screen with calibration, and if I could...I probably couldnt get the button to work.

So, car is at 299497...CM will stop counting soon. The CM wasn't working but I did one trick and it's on for now. She would like basic functions to work on MFD.

I've read I'm supposed to take the MFD completely out of car to get part number to match, but Nav MFD is much more expensive than non-Nav. Can I put just put in a non-Nav???

thanks
    Drew

2. Kevin Lester

Kevin Lester Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Drew - did you ever get an answer for this? My 2005 is having the same issue and we haven't used the NAV since the Advent of smartphones.