1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I switch back to halogen lights?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by floridarich, Oct 22, 2020.

1. floridarich

floridarich New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After scouring this site and many others, I've been educating myself on car headlights. I recently purchased a 2007 Prius base. The girl who owned the car before me installed LED headlights. The light pattern is...truly awful. I mean, it lazily throws light around absolutely everywhere and the high beams are no better. I hate driving this thing at night because I feel so conspicuous. I understand my car is meant for halogen bulbs and I see online what the standard halogen replacement is. I wish I could include some photos or a link, but the forum rules won't let me.

My question is this: can I simply remove all the extra wiring and resistors that were installed for the LED lights and put in normal stock halogens? Is this simply a case of not great LED lights and would better ones give a better result? One thing to note is that both dust covers are gone; the previous owner must've discarded them. I fear moisture, dust, and the like may severely shorten the life and usability of any halogens I may install. What do you think?

Thanks!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    is ok with me

3. Toddwilks

Toddwilks Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    As long as it’s just the bulb, should be an easy swap back. Dust covers are pretty cheap on amazon or you can just get the oem ones from a salvage yard.

iPhone ?