1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can I turn off the start up beeps?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by yibo829, May 5, 2013.

1. yibo829

yibo829 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    When I put the car in ready, the car will beep 3 times. It's like, foot on brake and press start button, then car shows ready, at the same time it goes chirp-chirp, then beep beep beep. I'm just wondering if the 3 beeps can be turned off? I didn't find any thread regarding this beep. I did find many about turning off the seat belt beep, reverse beep, etc. and I already turned off those beeps.

2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you are hearing what I think you are hearing, try fastening your seat belt before press the start button. If you do that, I think you will only hear the chirp-chirp.

Ron

3. yibo829

yibo829 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Yes. You're correct. Putting on the seatbelt before turning on the car does solve the problem. But usually I don't put it on before I start the car. Thanks for your reply though.

4. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I believe that is the solution you are looking for. I have already disabled the seatbelt alarm on our Prius. The three beeps still occur unless I buckle the belt. Maybe someone else has a better solution.

Good luck to you.