1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CAN interfacing over OBD-II

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by mems, Apr 3, 2017.

1. mems

mems New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hopefully this is the correct location for this thread.

I am trying to read steering data from a 2008 Prius over the OBD-II connector with a BAFX OBD scanner and and HC-05 bluetooth module connected to arduino using AT-commands, I can read some of the standard PIDS just fine, for example 010D gives back the vehicle speed data, but using the spreadsheet from Vass, and other documentation as shown in the attachments the steering angle ID is supposed to be 25. I am not sure if the only problem is if I am not input the correct command to get it, but if I try to get the ID 25 no data seems to change.

From this google spreadsheet

PID 2147 is supposed to be the PID for a gen III Prius, but 2125 doesn't appear to give any data for a gen II.

My uploaded file Prius can data with command 25, i.e just inputting 25 seems to give all kinds of CAN data, but no values seem to change when the steering wheel is turned for ID 25.

If anybody has any help they could give me for retrieving the steering angle data I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Attached Files: