1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can OEM leather heated seats be swapped from a 2010 V to a 2010 III?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Steve Bachman, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Steve Bachman

Steve Bachman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    My wife's beloved 2010 trim level V (five) Prius was rear-ended and likely totaled. We are waiting for Allstate to inspect it. Meanwhile, we found a nearly identical 2010 III for sale, but she loves her heated leather seats. If they total it, I'm considering asking Allstate to sell us the wreck, so I can swap the seats and the larger-rim wheels from the V to the III. Does anyone know whether this can be done, or are there issues with the III wiring harness, air-bag system or the computer not "recognizing" the seats from the V?
    Also, I'm considering having a mechanic pull the high voltage battery from the V, since it only has 110K miles and the III has 250K. I'd probably just store the one from the V until needed. Any issues with putting a battery from a V into a III? Any storage issues, like temperature or needing to maintain a charged condition?
    Thanks for any thoughts!
    Steve in Michigan

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  2. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I would PRESUME the answer is yes. Overall, parts are made identical to save money. The better seat should have the same mounting holes and bolts as the one being replaced. The issue is if the wire harness connections are present to power all of the features.

Let us know how it works out. I've been tempted to "upgrade" my 2013 Prius Two seat with one from a Prius Four.

3. Dylan Doxey

Dylan Doxey Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My friend @sfv41901 installed upgraded (softex + power) seats in my Prius. My original wiring harness needed to be supplemented to supply power. Also, in this particular case, there was an issue with the female seatbelt buckle being incompatible with the seatbelt in the car. We had to swap out some seatbelt hardware to resolve that.

In short: Yes it can be done.
    Caveat: It is not completely plug-n-play.

Robert Holt, sfv41901 and Burna J like this.
  4. andino

andino Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You should also swap out the leather steering wheel on the V for the plastic one in the III

sfv41901 and Dylan Doxey like this.
  5. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Take the foglights and turn signal stalk too.

sfv41901 likes this.
  6. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    In short, yes it can be done.

I've swapped out cloth seats to Softtex seats for both @Dylan Doxey & @Burna J

I've also swapped the CT200h seats into my Prii.

If u are going to be buying the wrecked Prii back, u can harvest a lot of what's needed.

Seats will almost be PNP. SRS will plug in. U will need to harvest both positive & ground wires to get the seats to move. I'm pretty sure u won't have the seat belt latch issue I had with Dylan as both of ur Prii's are 2010.

iPhone ?

Robert Holt, Burna J and Dylan Doxey like this.
  7. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What u won't be able to get working easily is the heating function. Getting this to work involves tearing the entire dash apart from both Prii's since the wiring won't be in the 2010 III.

Best bet here would be to install aftermarket heaters

iPhone ?

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  8. huxington

huxington New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wouldn't it just be easier to do the clazzio skins/heating pad option?