1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can outside temperature reading be adjusted

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by leea, Feb 14, 2014.

1. leea

leea Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My 2013 is always off by a few degrees (too warm) on the outside temperature display. This is not the sun or other outside influence. I wouldn't mind if it was just a couple degrees but it is always 5-10 degrees off. Can this be adjusted?
    Lee

2. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine is pretty accurate. The only time it's off is when I come out of the car wash - the temp reading can as much as 10 degree lower, but after a couple minutes driving, it's back to normal. You might check with Toyota service next time you're in for maintenance to see if it can be calibrated or re-set to current temps.

3. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you have it in a climate control garage so you know it is 45 degrees and your car has been there for about 12 hours so it can adjust to that temp.. It then should be close in temps.
    Now that being said, I do not really know if there is an adjustment to be made but I kind of doubt it.

4. FrankB

FrankB Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I think so, I recall seeing temperature adjustment in the Carista app. I think it allowed +/- 2 degrees C for the outside temperature and the auto temperature setting.

So you can adjust with the app, get the dealer to do it, or do it using elm327 terminal.

Frank

5. retired4999

retired4999 Prius driver since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ah! Good to know, Thanks! (y)

6. leea

leea Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I got the Carista app and it only does two things, check and reset faults. I did check faults and it didn't find any as I expected. I doubt the temp display being off would be a fault. I tried Torque and that didn't seem to let me adjust either.
    Lee

7. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The only time my outside temp is off is parking in an open asphalt parking where the sensor is reading the parking lot temps and after a car wash where the sensor gets wet.

As soon as I get moving good the temp will eventually adjust to actual temps. It always agrees with radio and TV temps.

8. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    So it appears that the answer about "adjusting" it is probably NO.

Maybe you need to make a dealer warranty visit.

But before you do that, as someone else said, I suggest that you park it overnight in a protected area (garage or carport) with a trusted thermometer sitting beside the car.

The next morning if the temp displayed immediately upon starting is off from the thermometer by 5-10 degrees, then I'd say you have a fault that needs to be fixed.

9. FrankB

FrankB Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sorry you need the beta version of carista to adjust settings. There is a thread that details how to get the beta version.

Frank

Galaxy Nexus ?

10. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Hi Lee,

It is one of the customize parameters that can be changed from -3C to +3C. Ask your dealer or anyone with Techstream.

[​IMG]

I've changed my Prius c in this thread. The above screenshot is for my c and your ZVW30 may not have the exact same options but the Ambient Temperature Shift should be there.

Vincent

11. leea

leea Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I got the beta version. It looks very handy and useful but it won't let me change the settings, it says I need the pro version. I can't wait.
    Lee

12. FrankB

FrankB Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So grab the pro version. No charge for the pro during the beta.

Frank

Nexus 7 ?

13. Todor

Todor Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Frank, thanks for recommending Carista! Yes, Carista definitely supports this customization and as of today, it's fully released (no special beta needed).

Lee, were you able to change the ambient temperature adjustment like you wanted?