1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can Prius v be repaired or is it a total loss?

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by Emilynprius, May 8, 2022.

1. Emilynprius

Emilynprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hello, so I got into an accident this past Wednesday and want to get opinions if I should start looking for a new car. I have a 2012 Toyota Prius V with over 100k miles. I was hit by another car on my driver's side which subsequently knocked my passenger side into another vehicle. To me, the damage does not look that substantial and only looks cosmetic, but I know near to nothing about cars. The only reason I could not drive my car was because the accident caused me to have a flat tire. My car drove straight and did not make any noise. There is no damage to any of my doors. I have attached pictures of the damage. Does the repair costs look to be over $10k? Any advice will be appreciated! Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    If its just the fenders, hood, and front you might be under 10k. Insurance should tell you. Hopefully it was someone else's fault.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    that looks repairable. and in these days of high prices, might not be totaled. the question is repair cost vs value.
    values are wau up, bot so are parts and labor. and all are in short supply, so maybe that's a wash, idk.

4. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Absent unseen structural, engine, radiator, or HV wiring damage, that looks cosmetic and repairable.

5. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Drive it................

bat4255 likes this.
  6. icyrius

icyrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    What was the final outcome? I am curious.

rampante550 likes this.