1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can Seatbelt Retractors be repaired after a collision? What needs repair/replace after accidents?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by edli, Aug 2, 2009.

1. edli

edli Love My Prius

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Front of car was damaged in accident. [1] Airbags and seatbelt retractors deployed. Can the seatbelt retractors be repaired/reset, or do I need to replace them? How do I reset them, if possible? If not, can I replace them with used ones? [2] Do I need to replace/repair the crash sensors (how many, where located on car?) or do they still work if they weren't damaged? [3] I'm looking for used replacement steering wheel and pssr above dash airbags (2004 model). Someone said I have to also replace the "clock springs" -- what are those?

2. statultra

statultra uber-Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Can Seatbelt Retractors be repaired after a collision? What needs repair/replace after accidents

you have to replace both front seatbelts, the airbag computer , the two sensors in front, the seatbelts cannot be repaired, i mean you can free it up and live with a SRS airbag light on your dash, but there is a charge which pulls you back in the event of a collision.

www.toyotapartspeople.com

3. prius4ed

prius4ed Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Re: Can Seatbelt Retractors be repaired after a collision? What needs repair/replace after accidents

thanks for replying. I know of 2 sensors on the frame rails in the engine compartment. If those aren't physically damaged, will they still work? Are they really one time use?