1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can someone check my wiring homework?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by RollinBad, Apr 11, 2016.

1. RollinBad

RollinBad Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I’m a total noob at automotive wiring and was wondering if someone could double-check my plan and offer any suggestions before I start messing around in there and screw something up.

Here is my situation:
    I have a 2010 Prius with no factory foglight so I purchased

2010-11 Toyota Prius High Power LED Fog Lights Assembly Kit w/ Wiring

Toyota-Prius-LED-Fog-Lamps-01.jpg

and I also wanted to swap out my turn signals so I purchased
    revierDRLLED.jpg
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/252152656834?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I want the fogs to turn on/off with the switch that is included in the kit so I plan to install that as shown in the diagram
    IMG_6046.JPG

Seems pretty straightforward up to here (knock on wood).

Here’s where i’m not so sure…

When trying to hook up the DRL/indicator, I the indicator part is supposed to be PnP, but I need to tap the DRL part into a circuit.
    IMG_6045.JPG

The lights came with parts to tap whatever wire, but I want to be able to turn the DRLs off with a switch so I purchased this
    switch:
    DRLswitch.JPG
    TOYOTA LEXUS SCION LED DRL Daytime running light special SWITCH control | eBay

and
    harness/relay:
    Relayharness.jpg
    HID Conversion Kit Wire | HID Relay Kit | HID H11 880 Relay Harness Wiring

and I’m planning on hooking the DRL up just like the instructions for the foglights, but i’m not sure which fuse I should connect the DRL to the fuse box. I do have one of these and was planning on using it, but not sure which fuse is best to piggy back off.

Low profile fuse tap:

The other question I have is, based on the foglight instructions, it says to tap the switch into the brown wire of the ECU.
    ECUbrownwire.jpg

What wire is that for? Should I tap the same wire for the DRL on/off switch? Is that ok or is there another one I should use?

If someone could let me know if this plan is ok or if there is some fatal flaw in it, I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance for your help!!