1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can someone verify this?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by maggieddd, Jul 29, 2006.

1. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

When you press the Power button twice without depressing the brake pedal, does your car beep for about 30 seconds as if there was something wrong and the lights on the display panel stay lit? I had the recall done on Friday and oil change. They didn't reset Maint. Required light so I just did it myself. Now I get all these strange lights. I don't know if that's how it's always been and I never paid attention or something is screwed up. The beepeing stops but the light always stay lit until I actually press the Power button together with pressing the brake pedal.

This is 2005 model

Can someone check it out for me? Thanks

2. marjam

marjam Member

Yes, this is normal. All the dash lights will stay on until you "start" the car. The beeping is probably because a seatbelt is not being used. This is the IG-ON position which allows you to rasie and lower windows and run the A/C fan but without A/C compressor. I never really use it unless I want to lower the windows but not fire up the ICE.

3. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjam @ Jul 29 2006, 08:24 PM) [snapback]294420[/snapback]</div>
    thanks. But if I remember correctly the seatbelt doesn't beep unless I start driving without it