1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can the map automatic zoom?

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by ding666, Mar 25, 2012.

1. ding666

ding666 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    when I use tom-tom gps, it will automatically zoom in when I needs to make a turn, and automatic zoom out when next turn is not close.

Does Prius v map application has the similar function? If yes, how to activate it? I tried my car, 2012 model. It seems has no such a function.

Thx, Ed

2. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If there is, I've not found it either. At least it's not much of a reach to tap the screen to zoom manually. It's one of the two complaints I have with the nav, the other being a lack of a bread crumb trail. Perhaps there will be a firmware change in the future to correct the oversights.

3. Vinoh

Vinoh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The map itself doesn't zoom, but the right side of the display changes into a closeup showing the turn details when the next turn is close.

4. ding666

ding666 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three

when you say "closeup" did you mean that there is another window coming up, showing the details of the turn?

I do not see any second window showing up the turn details. I see a turn arrow, indicating next turn, saying something like, turn left in 0.7 mile.

Ed.

5. Vinoh

Vinoh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes, it shows the details of the turn on the right half of the split screen. This happens even if the right half is being used for audio information. This may be a difference in the nav system with the advanced technology package on the 5. I don't know if there is a setting to turn it on or off.

6. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    It's there on the standard Nav system too. There's also a sliding scale indicating the distance to the turn. The name of the street to which you'll be turning is shown at the bottom of the screen. All in all, it's really not an awful system. It has some flaws, true, but none that prevent its being used as a useful tool The flaws I've seen so far, all, seem that they could easiy be corrected via a quick firmware upgrade.

7. ding666

ding666 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    How come I do not see this. I have Prius 3 with standard Nav system. I wish the map can zoom in automatically, like TomTom does, when I approach a turn so that I will not make a turn too early or too late if there are a few streets close to each other, which is not easy to see if the map cannot zoom in.

Any idea where/how can I find the "closeup" window? I do see the sliding scale. However, it is not good enough if there are two streets close to each other.

Thanks,

Ed.

8. ding666

ding666 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The picture I see in my car is similar to the pictures on Page 28, Map Layout, Navigation Operation of the manual, Display Audio System Owners's Manual.

Do you see a different pictures, including a closeup window, showing the zoomed-in-detailed street map?

Ed.