1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can the temp display be changed to Celsius from Fahrenheit on the 2008 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by timriley, Nov 26, 2007.

1. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Correct. The change is made by changing the "country" code in the programming. You can select to change it if you get into the diagnostic menus, but nothing happens. At least one dealer also tried with the THHT (Toyota Hand Held Tool) with no joy.
    But ask. It costs nothing to ask (usually). Maybe they'll call Toyota US and find a way.

2. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The preferred system of measurement by federal statute (Acts of 1865, 1972, 1988 and others) makes SI, the modern metric system, the only legal system of measurement in the US. We have SI cars, guns, paper, money, skis, cigarettes, computers, computers and more. No one objects to being paid in "metric" money or driving "metric" vehicles. Effective 2010 all exports to Europe must be exclusively in SI units. It is a major oversite on Toyota's part to not allow a simple toggle to degrees Celsius. A software update for the MFD should correct the problem.

Dana Sion likes this.
  3. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Anyone figured out how to change the MFD to show temperatures in Celsius, not Fahrenheit yet?

Dana Sion likes this.
  4. pEEf

pEEf Engineer - EV nut

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Back to the ORIGINAL question: The best way is to obtain a MFD from a wrecked canadian Prius. You can then sell your old MFD and probably break even.

5. GoMetricToday

GoMetricToday 42 is the answer to the ultimate question.

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I would love to be able to change mine over to all metric as well. When I had a 2010 Honda Insight, if I pushed the button to change to metric, the only thing that didn't change was the inside cabin temperature. Like I said I would love to change mine over to all Metric as well but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. I am assuming that someone will eventually figure out how to do it and post in on here or Toyota will update the programme for the computer. I would think it can be done now with the simple click of a mouse. But at the moment Toyota USA hasn't released how to do that.

Dana Sion likes this.
  6. wfz

wfz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe you can put a conversion table on paper and stick it to somewhere on the dashboard. I probably will do that when I get mine.

7. Dana Sion

Dana Sion New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Most newer BMWs you can very easily change to the method measure you want, I also own a BMW X3 and I can change all settings other then the odometer. Much nicer having the climate control in Celsius where it makes sense to me and most of the world.