1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can Toyota dealer charge a 2001 Prius traction battery?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Mr_I_Want_More_MPG, Feb 6, 2014.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Basically the charger connects to a live portion of the battery, and then also to the fan so it can cool the battery while grid charging. There will be photos on how to install which will make it extremely clear.
    Looks like the supplier will have the chargers ready now, but the harness to connect the car will be a few more weeks. Hang tight and I'll make a thread with updates.

2. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    But... the question still remains that Chap asked, can you monitor those readings while charging with the key on but not ready and, can you get the system to turn the fan on as necessary? I honestly don't see why not. It seems to me if the key was in IG ON (but not ready), all the ECU's should have power and the battery temp should be regulated as normal by them???

3. Mr_I_Want_More_MPG

Mr_I_Want_More_MPG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess not but there are less things to go wrong on non-hybrid cars. I guess what I want for a commuter car is a RWD 4 cylinder, manual transmission, carbureted car with no navigation or computers and crank windows! Hmmmm, that leaves Chevettes, Pintos, and Datsun B210's, and 70's Celicas!!! Maybe I'll buy a motorcycle.