1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

CAN-view sales

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by eflier, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Excuse me. I clicked the Add Reply by mistake....

I understand what you say, Frank. What I don't understand is how to connect the VM7000 to that mount. Would that mount block the radio controls? If so, how would that be dealt with? If that is not an issue or can be dealt with it is a great option!!!

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    just went to check on the VM 7000 and its out of stock... sounds like some eager future CANVIEW owners might have jumped the gun a bit.

3. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveinOlyWA @ Oct 28 2006, 08:40 PM) [snapback]340145[/snapback]</div>
    Nah. Them VM7000 screens have been scarce for a while. Mounting it where it is (1) easily visible, (2) looks good, and (3) is semi-theft proof seems to be the bigger issue in deciding to get the V4 CAN-view. I want to go there, but I don't want it to look like a total POS either.

4. Bob Addison

Bob Addison New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allannde @ Oct 28 2006, 06:24 PM) [snapback]340133[/snapback]</div>
    In the link above to VinceDee, he shows it being attached using some Velcro pads. It seems that this would work if the monitor is just a 1"block. The radio power button would be accessible, not sure about the AM/FM buttons.

5. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RapidRobert @ Oct 28 2006, 07:31 PM) [snapback]340191[/snapback]</div>
    I see that now. I was confusing the retracting mechanism I saw on one thread with the one you mention. I think this exchange is really good. Some good ideas could result. I just had one for thought. How about resting the VM 7000 on the steering column in front of the driver and holding it there with velcro both at the bottom and at the top on the blank dash? That would be no good for the passenger, of course. But it would at least be more sturdy than relying on the strength of the plastic door below the dash. It also wouldn't cover up the controls. If theft is a concern, I don't know what to say except that it wouldn't look like a laptop since there is no keyboard.

6. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allannde @ Oct 29 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]340358[/snapback]</div>
    On the steering wheel? How about the air bag? If it deploys for safety reasons, your face will have a permanent "stamp" of th eVM7000 on it.
    NOT a good choice :blink:

7. D0li0

D0li0 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrbigh @ Oct 31 2006, 08:21 PM) [snapback]341701[/snapback]</div>
    That's what I thought at first, but I think he ment behind the steering wheel, on the steering columb...