1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can we return car with-in 30 days???

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by sam76210, Jan 30, 2006.

1. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Cool, true stealth huh?

Mine is a gold (driftwood perl) with bisque leather.

I can't wait to go pick it up today!

2. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I still would like to know how this all happened?

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I suspect your question is rhetorical but I'll try for an answer anyway. I think there are two reasons:

1. A lot of car dealers, not all, will cheat and/or overcharge their customers every chance they get and somehow they manage to stay in business, for a while anyway. Some people don't know you have to bargin for a car price and the price of everything that comes with it including financing. A lot of people don't know dealers and their sales staff will try to sell you a bunch of junk you don't need with every car purchase (undercoating, protection packages, extended warrantys, etc.).

2. A lot of car buyers, especially first time car buyers, are simply unaware, they haven't done any research. They think buying a car is like buying a TV set at COSTCO, if you don't like it you can just return it. Of course you can't.

Edit: Actually I think there are more than two reasons but those are good ones to start with.

4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I was asking for poster's situation

5. andyman68

andyman68 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The only solution I see is if the dealer financed, just don't make the payments and let them reposses the car. However, this wouldn't be good for your credit.

If you can afford the extra $5000, I wouldn't worry about it. Just drive and enjoy the car. Life is too short to worry about these things after the fact.

Andy