1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can you explain what P&G is???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by freshmtt, Apr 29, 2008.

1. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i get 57mpg w/o P&G so now I'm really excited to try it. I stopped trying a year ago cause I couldn't get it to glide at 50mph. Now that I know its more for speeds of 20-40mph I will give it another go.

I understand glide is driving with no arrows going in either direction, but during pulse is it okay if the battery helps the engine or does the engine have to be running by itself?

if you guys think the margin of pedal pressure is slim for gliding in a prius, consider this: there have been at least 2 U.S. airline crashes because pilots had applied too much foot pressure to the rudder pedals. The reason was that it required something like 35 pounds of pedal pressure just to get the rudder to move, but if you applied 45 pounds of pedal pressure it would oversteer causing the plane to fishtail back & forth until the entire tail disintegrates. Oh & the problem was never fixed, they've just given pilots more training on applying the correct pedal pressure. Perhaps the FAA should train pilots with the prius so they can use P&G to learn how to apply just the right amount of pedal pressure!!!

2. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You are correct, but the same technique applied above 42 MPH results in a warp stealth, (yellow arrows only). Your essentially running on battery only. THis too can be sustained for long periods, on any most any decline, and maintain speed.

Is your A/C on? Running the A/C makes it a little harder to maintain these ICE off states