1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can you prove that Allah is not the one true God?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by burritos, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Mirza

Mirza New Member

And guess how the state of things in the present has been brought about?

If you want me to consider you credible and debate, don't use such affronts. If you've got a point then back it up with arguments. So far I've seen none.

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 14 2007, 08:21 PM) [snapback]405814[/snapback]</div>
    I was pretty much unaware of the religious pandamonium that those 12 cartoons, printed in the Danish paper Jyllands-Posten, had caused. There is a chapter in "The God Delusion" that covers some of the horrific details. What would the world be like without any religion or at least ones that believe theirs is the one right way. :(

3. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 14 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]405819[/snapback]</div>
    Thats total BS. The moderate Muslims, the ones that just want to get along, they are GLAD we are trying to exterminate the vile beings that are Fundamentalist Muslims. The Koran has only one true interpretation, and it's main doctrine is to convert, or KILL all that are not followers of Mohammad the Rapist.

No one said ALL Muslims are evil. The FUNDAMENTALIST ONES ARE. The ones blowing up WOMEN AND CHILDREN in the name of Islam, EVERY DAY, all over the world. Good people, including moderate Muslims, those that do not take the Koran LITERALLY verse by verse, are happy we are stepping up to the plate to stop this charade of murder and violence.

Go ahead, justify it in your own mind in some other way.. delude yourself into thinking we aren't at war with Muslim fundamentalists.. Make excuses for their filth and vile.. It doesn't make a difference, you're only disgracing yourself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Mar 14 2007, 10:30 PM) [snapback]405823[/snapback]</div>
    Tell me about it.. if they can't handle a cartoon, how in the hell are they supposed to handle Democracy? :rolleyes:

Did you hear how they went bat-s**t crazy when they found out the fries at McDonalds are cooked in the same grease as the meat? They started burning them down and throwing bricks through the windows.. and people wonder why I'm not too savvy with accommodating such a violent and repressive culture.

4. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Mar 14 2007, 10:27 PM) [snapback]405821[/snapback]</div>
    I don't require nor desire your acceptance or approval. If you want to make excuses for the evil that is killing our soldiers everyday in the Middle East then that is your prerogative.

5. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ Mar 14 2007, 11:30 PM) [snapback]405823[/snapback]</div>
    "My beliefs do not require you to believe them." - "Morpheus" (Matrix Reloaded)

"Going to war over religion is like going to war over who has the better imaginary friend." - comedian Richard Jeni

6. Loveit

Loveit New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 14 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]405809[/snapback]</div>
    The word "Muslim" means submission. The word "Koran" means law.

Put them together and what have you got? Submission to the law.

7. Mirza

Mirza New Member

"Submit to the law" sounds like a good statement to me. We are all - I would assume - submitting to the law.

8. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Mar 15 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]406035[/snapback]</div>
    Muslim law is not like our law, Mirza. You do NOT want Muslim law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

Their way of life is scary, and they hate us because of ours. They hate us because we are free. They have always hated us, and those like us.

9. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 15 2007, 11:25 AM) [snapback]406096[/snapback]</div>
    They do not hate us because we are free. That sounds like George Bush. They hate us because we are not muslims and we have most of the wealth in the world. ;)

10. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Mar 15 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]406437[/snapback]</div>
    We are not Muslims. We are people that live in a free country. We are allowed to practice whatever religion we please. We are allowed to work whatever jobs we qualify for. Our women can walk freely in the streets. Our court systems are fair (mostly) and have jurors and elected Judges. Our standardized education is great, although not in the best shape right now. Our Universities are excellent and both men and women are allowed to attend...
    ..... and we don't wipe our nice person with our fingers! hah.

All of those things.. seems like freedom to me.

11. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Man desynch, repeat after me "om, .. ommm" find your center.

It troubles me is that for a Buddhist you seem to be full of hatred and bile. You could simply state that all extremist believes are counter productive to humankind. No need to be so vulgar about it. There are plenty of extremist Christians, Jews, Hindus etc in the world who have all slipped of the path towards the light as much as extremist Muslims.

Do you honestly believe that the bible is going to be rewritten now that slavery is banned, the earth is not a spinning disk etc?

Lastly, I beg to differ we are nation of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus and more. All free because of their choice of association with this country.

12. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 15 2007, 10:25 AM) [snapback]406096[/snapback]</div>
    No, they hate us because we have a tendency to invade their countries. That, and we give zillions of dollars to Israel, who they hate more than anything else in the world.

13. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Mar 15 2007, 10:26 PM) [snapback]406498[/snapback]</div>
    As some of my peeps say, "true dat."

As I say, good point.

14. desynch

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lywyllyn @ Mar 15 2007, 08:49 PM) [snapback]406466[/snapback]</div>
    Hatred and bile? Hardly.

The terror committed by these "Fundamentalist Muslims" brings me grief. It is happening all over the world, in every nation. Did you see that the President of Somalias 12 year old son was killed by Muslim Insurgents just a couple days ago?

How many more people have to die before you stand up for what is right?

I'm just calling it like I see it.

Yes of course there has been plenty of extremists of all faiths.. but we are living NOW.. the future is NOW. We are at war, I am not going to "Be nice" about the enemy. I for one will not tolerate their reign of madness. It has affected people of all nations and of all religions. They hit America on 9/11, and they'll do it again if we let them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Mar 15 2007, 09:26 PM) [snapback]406498[/snapback]</div>
    They hate us because we're "Infidels".. and yes, because we give Israel a lot of help. Should we stop supporting Israel, let Iran nuke them out of existence, and let them run wild?

15. MGM

MGM New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desynch @ Mar 14 2007, 06:16 PM) [snapback]405788[/snapback]</div>
    Muslims actually worship the same God that Christians and Jews worship. Mohammad is considered a prophet, just as Jesus and Ezekiel are. They do not worship Mohammed as God. Mohammed specifically prohibited making images of him because he wanted to avoid this misconception, i.e. he did not want people worshipping him as God. They consider Jews and Christians as "People of the Book", meaning that they all follow the same God as do the Muslims (extremist fundamentalist types excepted here).

No one can "prove" that Islam is a true religion any more than one can "prove" Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Santeria, Buddhism or Taoism. That's why they call it FAITH not reason.

16. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

17. Lywyllyn

Lywyllyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    ...wait nobody said to be nice to "enemy" all I said is that you appear to be guided by your emotions rather then by your conviction to stay on your path to the enlightenment you seek.

As for living now: Some claim that the daily occurring Israeli/Lebanese confrontations are a jewish form of terror. Some claim that bombing family planning clinic (and those that offer the still legal abortion) and killing doctors, nurses and patients is Christian form of terror. Some claim that the Tamil New Tigers are a form of Hindu terror exacted on eradicating Muslim and Buddhist populations from the Tamil region in order to achieve their own state.

I simply wish to state that it all to easy say that one religion is the root for all evil done today. I dread hearing the news these days, as it always starts with "today another roadside bomb killed ...." "violent clashes in <insert your favourite region of conflict> have caused xx casualities and numerous wounded" .

I am still working on offering up a response to what can be done to curb extremism.

Homework everyone. Essay due on Monday :)

18. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 14 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]405804[/snapback]</div>
    Not the case. A load of crap and you know it.

You'll find historically and currently that Christians are first in line to decry KKK, Hitler, OKC bomber, Jim Jones and all the other idiots who used the words but did the wacked out actions in the name of Christianity.

In each case only a small number of insiders who supported the cause.

With well beyond a billion Muslims on the earth, where is the massive outcry against the 'radicals'? Why aren't the 'peace loving' muslims out kicking nice person on the radicals and thus, the problem solves itself within the next month. After they blow up billions of dollars of buildings and thousands of lives lost, you gotta pull teeth to get your first muslim to say it was wrong. Almost impossible to get one high profile muslim to ever speak out against the 'radicals'.

You're either with 'em, or you ain't. Looks like to me, they're all rowing in the same direction.

19. livelychick

livelychick Missin' My Prius

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Mar 16 2007, 11:18 AM) [snapback]406751[/snapback]</div>
    First, I've never seen a "massive outcry" by Christians about anything done in the name of Christianity. Sure, we all cried out about Timothy McVeigh because we were AMERICANS, not because of faith. Jim Jones--horrific, but I always heard people distance themselves from that man...not crying out in the name of Christianity. I've seen applause when abortion clinics were bombed...by folks claiming to be Christian. Sure, I'm sure as people, and Americans, Christians were praying for/seriously concerned about McVeigh, Jim Jones, and (in some instances), the KKK, but rarely do you have a "high profile" Christian speak out on such topics in the name of Christianity. I'm assuming by "high profile," you mean politicians.

In the same vein, there are lots of Muslims speaking out against fundamentalists. They may not be politicians, but they are high profile Muslims (seriously, man, if you're going to cap "Christian," you should afford the same respect to "Muslim"). You just don't hear it because you don't live where they do, and I daresay you don't attempt to research your opinion. They speak out about the damage they do not just to others, but to their faith itself. Here's a primer for you:

http://www.amazon.com/Infidel-Ayaan-Hirsi-...4878&sr=8-1

"Violent, extremist Islamists invoke on their own head the true jihad. Challenging all the peoples of the Earth, and first of all traditional Islam, professed by the overwhelming majority of the Islamic world, these forces put themselves in opposition to Islam. And reacting against them is a religious, moral, social and political duty of each Muslim."
    A speech by Sheikh-ul-Islam, Talghat Tajuddin, Supreme Mufti, Representative of the Central Spiritual Board of Muslims for Russia and the East-European countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States"

How did Islam, which was driven by the pursuit of knowledge, become so submerged in frightful ignorance?
    By Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, Muslim author and broadcaster.

"When bigots speak up, moderate and responsible voices in the American Muslim community must immediately condemn them. Let them know that those who espouse intolerance will never be our heroes," writes M. A. Muqtedar Khan.

"If the terrorists that struck the USA last week were indeed Muslims, they have not only committed murder, which carries the death penalty, but have also committed a physical attack upon Islam by the damage they have done to its image."
    By Ruqaiyyah Waris Maqsood.

"The magnitude of the terrorist attack on America has forced Muslims to take a critical look at themselves. Why have we repeatedly turned a blind eye to the evil within our societies? Why have we allowed the sacred terms of Islam, such as fatwa and jihad, to be hijacked by obscurantist, fanatic extremists?"
    Ziauddin Sardar, Observer (London), Sunday September 23, 2001

Grand Sheikh Mohammed Sayed Tantawi of the Al-Azhar mosque of Cairo - which is seen as the highest authority in Sunni Islam - said groups which carried out suicide bombings were the enemies of Islam. Speaking at the conference in the Malaysian capital, Kuala Lumpur, Sheikh Tantawi said extremist Islamic groups had appropriated Islam and its notion of jihad, or holy struggle, for their own ends.BBC News, 11 July, 2003

There's tons more if you want to go look for it.

20. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

"Can you prove that Allah is not the one true God?"

Yes, but it will take some time.

How much time?

It may be years, or you may have your answer this afternoon.

2 seconds after you are dead, you will have 100% of the evidence necessary to settle this question. You will have no doubts upon review of the evidence.