1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can you stop the JBL system from automatically playing iPod tracks whenever you plug your phone in?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by guspasho, Nov 18, 2015.

1. guspasho

guspasho New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have an iPhone 5S and whenever I plug it in to my car it automatically switches to the iPod input and starts playing tracks in alphabetical order, though sometimes it remembers to continue playing whatever I had playing on my phone before. This is rather annoying because I'd rather the car stay in whatever input mode I had it, and if I do switch to iPod or Bluetooth, I want it to *always* remember to play what I was playing before, even if it's Pandora and not "iPod" music. Is there a way to configure the JBL system to do this? Or at the very least stay in its current input mode until I manually switch it? Thanks.

2. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    By "plug it in to my car" I assume you mean connect it to the USB port using the lightning wire. You must be using the wired connection for charging. I charge my 7th gen iPod Nano in the car every now and then and have noticed similar behavior. Can't quite nail it down, but it seems like when I plug it in, it just goes to my song list and starts playing at the first cut. If I select the Audio screen on the MFD, the RAND button is highlighted, meaning selected. It will randomly bounce around in the playlist if I let it keep playing, like it is hardwired to do this upon detection. It doesn't do this when it pairs up on Bluetooth. It picks up where I left off usually, unless I paused near the end of a program and then it will restart that program from the beginning. There are not any configuration settings for external players in the JBL unit that I am aware of, and no settings in the limited menu of my iPod. Probably nothing in any iPhone menus either. Just something to deal with before putting the car in drive.

3. Tim Lucchino

Tim Lucchino Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I had the same problem but, just updated the firmware on the stereo and it is now fixed. When I plug in my iPhone it does not automatically override the radio and go to the ipod setting it continues with the radio.

4. guspasho

guspasho New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    How do I update the firmware on my stereo? I have never heard of being able to do that before.