1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Can you stream/watch Netflix on the screen?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by arek, Jan 12, 2013.

1. arek

arek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I want to watch Netflix either through Bluetooth or direct connect on the nav screen. Has anyone tried this?
    Arek

Thiago Primo likes this.
  2. sfv41901

sfv41901 Masta S

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Don't think it can be done YET

3. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    It wouldn't be legal while driving for sure.

4. ph43drus

ph43drus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm skeptical that bluetooth has enough bandwidth to stream video of remotely acceptable quality.

5. Thiago Primo

Thiago Primo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

Hello,

I found this on ebay, it says you can watch Netflix installing this cable, just scrow down to the end.

What kind of Multimedia system you have?

Thanks

6. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    (*sigh!*)

Holy Crap!
    How can I possibly convince my liberal friends that we don't need "Big Government" ruling every aspect of our lives when there are (expletives and adjectives deleted) drivers out there that think that it is in any way acceptable to drive and watch a movie at the same time???? :eek:

OK.
    So…if you were just jeopardizing your own life....then I would probably just say "Hey.....go for it!" and accept the higher tax cost for government provided health care, in the vain hope that Darwinism might not be completely thwarted.

There really should be a higher bar for parenthood than simply the ability to have sex! :(

ftl likes this.
  7. arek

arek Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    You can put the car in park and watch Netflix you donkey. Obviously you don't have kids.
    Fix your attitude before you accuse me or insult my parents....and for being a newbie around here you should watch what you say.

No one has suggested you watch Netflix while driving. Who ever said/suggested that? The question asks if there is a way to send a video feed to the entertainment system via smartphone or other external source!

Arek (the not so liberal)

8. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ^ I apologize if you feel that my post was out of line.
    Since you obviously would not dare to do anything as selfish and moronic as using the NAV screen while the vehicle is in motion, then the VSS lockout was certainly NOT meant for good drivers such as yourself.
    Generally speaking though.....NAV screens are fully operable when the vehicle is parked.
    Clearly I was confused by the word "I" in the original post.

I also did not intend to insult your parents, and I offer a little more sincere apologies to you for them, if that's how it came across.
    As a parent and a grandparent....I know the struggle of trying to convince the kiddos not to do the same stupid crap that I used to do in my twenties and thirties.
    So....my apology to you is as 100-percent sincere as your wish to watch NETFLIX in a parked car. ;)

Oh yeah.
    Since you're new here, I'd like to welcome you aboard. :D