1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canada Prius Prime trim level details

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by beamsley, Jan 6, 2023.

1. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Tideland Prius likes this.
  2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    IIRC, I saw ventilated front seats as an option for the US. The Subaru's seem to just be a fan. Not directly tied to the ventilation system. Didn't seem to help much for me if the A/C isn't on to chill the air at floor level.

3. Christopher O'Brien

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hmmm... That reminds me of the response I used to get years ago when I phoned 1-888-TOYOTA8 and got a very nice person who thanked me for my comments and said she would pass them on. Once I actually went into the HQ in Toronto unannounced and said I wanted to speak with someone, and eventually two keen-looking young people came down to the reception area with clipboards and earnestly took notes of what I had to say, but there was never any follow-up. I can't figure why they don't want to have some face-to-face discussions with the very people who will be buying their products.

Anyway, I'll be very disappointed if the top-of-the-line Prime only gets the danged Softex seats (same as "pleather"?).

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. Christopher O'Brien

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'll be going to the show here in Toronto, and you can be sure I'll grill the heck out of them! I feel sorry for them already. :)

5. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Take a tape measure. I heard Toyota Canada won't get the solar roof, but if they have a Prime with the solar roof could you measure the area containing the solar cells?

6. Christopher O'Brien

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    On the Toyota US website there's no mention of the Prime yet, but I see that the Prius Limited will get "Heated and ventilated front seats" as standard. However, those standard seats are also "Softex-trimmed", so that's one of the things I will grill Toyota reps about at the Toronto show. Surely it should be possible to make Softex perforated for good ventilation. Here's an interesting after-market approach to heated and cooled seats from Toyota of Naperville IL.

Drash, I'll give it a try. Likely we Canucks won't get the solar roof because we get snow all year long up here. :)

#66 Christopher O'Brien, Jan 17, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2023
  7. Prashanta

Prashanta Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    They have to base these decisions on volume. Given the relatively small size of the Canadian market, they may have felt that the LE Prius would not sell in enough volume to be worth their while. Just my guess though.

I'm most disappointed with the non-optional 19" rims. We have crappy roads in Canada, especially during pot-hole season, and a larger sidewall is almost a necessity. Given that it results in such a large fuel economy penalty, giving people the choice of getting 17" rims should have been a no brainer. Or perhaps 18" in the higher trims.

8. Christopher O'Brien

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Yeah, one good pothole and one of those low profile-shod 19-inchers is toast! Maybe we'll just have to go for after-market wheels, maybe 18" at most.

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm not sure why you'd think that'll be any different. It's been more than a decade since we've been offered optional upholstery trim in a Toyota in Canada. They've really streamlined the process in the mid 2000s. No longer is it cloth with a leather package (or SofTex I guess if it's the modern equivalent).

10. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :LOL: I live about 110 km east/southeast of Lake Ontario so we see a fair share of snow. I'm only 55 km in a more southern direction of your latitude, so I'm not exactly in a tropical zone. :D

11. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Canadian picture site:
    Album | Toyota Canada

So looking through the pictures I grabbed a photo of the dash. They must be using the same pictures as the Global and US announcements. To the left of the steering wheel, sure enough it has 2 buttons that say AC 100V. I don't see a mention of this in their Press Release for the Prime. Poised for Performance: 2023 Toyota Prius Prime Revealed Nov 16, 2022

Hopefully you guys are getting the 2 AC 120V/1500W outlets. That would be sweet since ice storms seem to migrating north. Europe will be getting a single AC 230V outlet.

12. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    The AC 100V is the Japan spec?

13. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    yup. I'm thinking the Prius Prime pictures they have in Montreal are the same one they used for their initial LA debut. They are just making the rounds. So all the Auto Shows had the same cars and, unsurprisingly, the same questions. Later pictures from magazines clearly show 120V.
    CanadianDashPict.png
    Canadian Dash Debut Picture (same as the US)

EuropeDashPict.png
    European Debut Prius PHV Picture

Notice the European Prime has a blue led highlight.

14. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's pretty sweet

15. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Anyone going to the Montreal or Toronto auto show? The Prime will be there. We’ll be able to get a photo unless it’s up on the rotating platform.

16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    someone said they are going

17. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    @Christopher O'Brien said he was going to the Toronto show in #64. Don't know if he made it or not. Weather has been wacky.

18. mountaineer

mountaineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Premium
    Here's a video from the Montreal show of the Prime... showing off a solar roof!

Would Toyota have this option on the floor if they weren't going to offer the solar panels in Canada?

I've cued up the video to 2:07 where it's shown:

bisco likes this.
  19. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Interesting: the pedestal mounted tablet shows all 3 levels, including SE. Oversight?

20. mountaineer

mountaineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Premium
    Mendel Leisk likes this.