1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadian 2010 Prius Packages

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by RoslynRae, Mar 19, 2009.

1. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    h**p://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/posteddriving/archive/2009/04/07/honda-prices-insight-to-be-most-affordable-hybrid-in-canada.aspx
    Replace the ** with tt!

Well, there it is. Honda Insight LX at $23900 and EX with Nav at $27500. I sure hope this will drive the Prius price down just a little! :pray:

2. TdotBlizzard

TdotBlizzard New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    WOOHOO! Nearly nailed it!

Now I just have to hope that the Package D (solar, Nav, leather) doesn't come in too high and bring guilt back into the equation. I had my local Honda dealer go for a white EX allocation so that I could get a good comparison to the white 2010 Prius that I ordered. Looking forward to test driving it.

From the Ex to the package D is leather (2k), sunroof (1k?), more space (?k) & the tech toys (1.5k)... so maybe 33k?

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good guess!

Yeah well I've narrowed down my choices. I really can't pass up the Touring Package (love the LED headlights) which I presume will be significantly cheaper than the Tech Pack. I just can't bring myself to the fact that a fully loaded car looks like the base model.

What do you guys think?

4. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Considering I'm only buying the base model Prius, I'm glad that it looks about the same as the fully loaded one! :D
    Until you get inside anyway...

5. TdotBlizzard

TdotBlizzard New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think when the pricing comes out, a lot of Canadians are going to be right there with you. Most people won't want/need/use the tech package, so the fact that it's not on the touring package here (is in the US) will completely change the buying pattern vs the states. How much cheaper do you think it will be than the Loaded package? Could be as much as 4,000... or more?

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :p

Well it seems that the Tech Pack is aimed at southern Ontario. They seemed to have the highest navigation users (just my observation) and given all the highways, DRCC would be a great asset (if they even use cruise at all lol).

I'm sure if we were to look at the buying pattern across the country, most would be aiming at the Premium Package (either 04-09 or the new 2010). I'm ok with the way Toyota packaged the first two packages because those are exactly what people want and now they have an option of the power moonroof with solar panels (if you think about it, it really is a stand-alone option for the Premium Package vehicles).

Given that the 17" alloys are always packaged with LEDs/Fogs, I'm guessing they want to make it a "sport" model and based that on the Premium Package but it would be nice if we could get a few more toys on the Touring model. (e.g. power lumbar support or navigation system)

How much? well just take the Premium Package and add some coin for the LEDs/fogs/headlight washers/17" alloys and illuminated front door sill plates.

I could imagine a $4,000 difference. Could be more... I'd say at least $6,000. DRCC and PCS are already US$2,000 on an ES350 in the US. Then you have the leather (of decent quality actually), heated seats, navigation system (Cdn$1,660-$2,000), IPA (another Cdn$500-$1,000) and minor things like water repellent glass and power driver's lumbar support.

7. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm dying to know how much more the Prius with Sunroof will cost then the Base model. My dealer isn't being helpful with this, just telling me pricing won't be released until May. I'm beginning to think I'd regret not getting that sweet solar roof!

8. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    well take the current premium package and add a moonroof (typically $1,000-$1,500) and solar panels.... and subtract the foglights and 16`` alloys...

9. TdotBlizzard

TdotBlizzard New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Getting a little worried... those US prices don't translate well for my D package...

I hope the tech toys aren't a $2700 USD upgrade ($4500 less 1800 for nav package alone).

$6300USD in options between the Solar Package (3600USD) and Tech toys would put the Package D at over $40,000 (1.25 exchange) before delivery which is $12,000 above the Insight...

Please no!!!!

10. Corellon

Corellon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Well the the USD to YEN and CND to YEN ratio is 1.23.

Pricing on a 31,770 converts to 39k, Given that we don't have 17", LED's, FOGS, LKA/LDW or Light Wipers I'd think the 17" & LED's would balance out the solar, take out the fogs, wipers and LKA/LDW and I'm Hoping things come in close to 36k and change.

Of course things could always go much higher then the US price depending on how they want to precieve Canada, things have a habit of costing more then USD conversion at times :S

I can' wait to get word on pricing, I'm hoping it won't be too long and will fall in either tomorrow on earth day or the 24th at the next event. Waiting till may would be pretty tough to do.

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah i'm surprised that the LEDs/17/fogs cost less than the SPM. Yeah this doesn't bode well as it'll be closer to $40k plus taxes if it's a direct conversion. If it was 1:1 lol...

12. TdotBlizzard

TdotBlizzard New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Our only hope is if they try to stay in competition with the Insight Nav Package at 27.5. A $12K gap for the solar roof, leather, slightly more space and tech toys would make a lot of buyers' decisions easy.

I actually do have one of each on order and was dead set on the Prius but although price isn't a huge issue for me, the guilt of the excess might be. I really want leather & solar, but the tech toys are of no use... so I'm certainly willing to pay about $6-7K more, which means for me it's about $5K for tech toys that I don't want.

13. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well there's always the PP w/ Solar package and add dealer-installed leather. They have dealer-installed leather for the Camry LE and it's the same leather as the factory.

14. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  15. technoratic

technoratic Newbie Prius Owner :)

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The prius will also make an appearance in Toronto at the Green living show this weekend. I'm so there! :D

Economic times will have me look at the base model only. All the bells and whisles are cool, but in the long run, its the hyrbid technology and potentially and what I can do with it on my commute (90km round-trip) that interests me. I'll probably add an after-market NAV/Bluetooth system later on.

On having a sun roof in me car (2000 accord) I found it to be out-of the-way especially when driving. So that's not a concern for me.

Parking assist? don't we have to learn parallel parking anyway to get a license? That's more a feature for the older crowd.

I admit the radar assisted cruise is a cool feature but its another item that can break easily later on down the road (toyota or no toyota)

anyhew those are my thoughts on the packages.

Cheers!

16. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After watching the self park demo, I think there is too much to do while you're in the middle of the road in time that could be used to actually park the car.

17. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Indeed. It's been said that it's best if you practiced on a side road first. This new version is a lot quicker. Because it tells you where to stop, the parking space it outlines is almost always a good position so really it's just looking to verify then press ok.

I do think the back-in mode is a little fussy and that the parallel mode is more useful and quicker to use.

18. maledyris

maledyris New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys,

I know we already have scans of the 2010 order form showing the Canadian options, but I thought I'd offer up the actual (preliminary?) pdf order form. It's much clearer and easier to read! :)

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  19. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    INTEGRATED BACKUP CAMERA in Auto-dimming rear view mirror.

Part of the Premium Package as noted in the above PDF of the Canadian Ordering Guide.

Interesting. So, this would be a small LCD screen imbedded in the mirror - nice......
    Very nice. Good safety feature, and no need to get the Nav system.

I'm planning not to go with the Nav / Tech or Solar package - simply for a V model. But, I have an aftermarket backup camera installed on my Lexus RX. $89 at Pep Boys. Wireless, and install took about 2 hours. The small rear camera is integrated into a license plate frame, but I cut it out, painted it (my color) white pearl, and mounted it under the lift gate indent. The camera powers up when the backup lights go on. Great crisp color image on a 2 1/2" screen. I have the little monitor mounted on the far left side of the instr panel between the small front corner side window and windshield. Added safety measure - it shows a very wide view and can show vertically the ground, about 1' from the rear - as well as an adult standing about 6' away when mounted properly. Great for parking lots, driveways, etc. I have some visual impairments so this (and added convex mirrors I have mounted on the side and rearview mirrors) are so helpful.

I believe the rear camera mirrors similar to the one apparently available for Canada is an aftermarket - I may look into that as well as the pep Boys version for my Prius aftermarket install. Good for Canadian Toyota Product Mgt for including this feature in a package.