1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadian Classic Prius mileage display stupidity???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by c4, Mar 29, 2005.

1. c4

c4 Active Member

I'm looking at buying a Prius and test drove a Canadian Classic Prius '01 the other day and I noticed the following strange behaviour of it's fuel consumption bar graph:

When the car is stationary/under electric power only, the L/100km bar is all the way up (seemingly indicating a very high fuel consumption), but when the ICE is running, the bar goes down to whatever its calculated consumption rate is..

Obviously this is a bug right? Certainly in a US miles per gallon display the bar should be high in the situation described (you're going any number of miles bug using no fuel- ie, divide by zero = infinity), but the metric version is the other way around (zero divided by anything = 0), so the bar should read zero... This does not appear to affect the average consumption number, so I assume that some programmer simply messed up the bar graph display code??

Is there a software update to fix this? Do all the newer models ('02-current) still behave this way??

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This is odd. I've never heard of that occurring before. Are you certain the engine was off when the bar was full? What does it say on the Energy Monitor?