1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadian Dealers

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by speakup76, Nov 21, 2007.

1. speakup76

speakup76 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Last week I went to a local Canadian dealer to see what the price was on an '08 for my sister, the dealer didn't see my U.S. model as i parked in the back and welcomed me into the showroom. We sat and chatted for a while then he gave me his reasons, which he read off of a office memo, why not to buy U.S. models:

-safety issue not having Canadian child tether hooks
    -differently built with different weather seals for warmer climates
    -the SKS system is non compliant with Canadian regulations

I didn't disagree, but the fact is i just bought my 2007 in Washington state and have the NW package, which i believe stands for Northwest, so i don't think the seals are any different, i have both the U.S. and CDN child tether hooks and if the sks system wasn't in specs why wouldn't it be on the list of modifications required to pass the federal and provincial inspections, all i had to do is get DRL daytime running lights.

Canadian Prius Lovers don't be fooled by these dealers and although the 2008 is not yet on the admissable list of vehicles allowed to import it may change in the coming months or just buy a pre-owned older model.

Hope this helps someone.

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(speakup76 @ Nov 21 2007, 07:54 AM) [snapback]542408[/snapback]</div>
    1. Nope..what nater said

2. Possibly. Just don't buy it from the southern states.

3. Nope. I believe Canada and USA follow the same electronics regulation.

NW doesn't stand for Northwest. It's just a code. (like AM, BG, HG and the other ones they had).

Now there *may* be differences in weather stripping and alternator (in non hybrids) and stuff but again go with the northern states and you'll be fine.

Plus an EBH and mudguard can be installed afterwards anyway.