1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Canadian pricing finally availlable !

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Richard P, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Canadianfan

Canadianfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is anyone else thinking the wait is extra long? I ordered one with a technology option in April and the dealer placed the order in early May for a group of them as I understand it. At this point, I'm told it will be manufactured sometime in July and the earliest I will be able to get it is 5-7 weeks away - no delivery date available yet. Meanwhile the dealer has some cars that Toyota chose to provide for demo purposes including one with the technology option but not in the right colour. I am SO disappointed - was really looking forward to summer driving - and our summer isn't that long. It does seem a strange way to treat repeat customers in this in this economic environment.:mad:

2. alexandrecc

alexandrecc New Member

Model:
    III
    I picked up today my ribbon blue Prius + premium package + solar panel moonroof today !!! I got it from Chasse Toyota in Montreal. According to them, they are the third biggest seller of Prius in Canada. They received 6 prius from the initial canadian delivery (2 base, 2 premium, 2 premium+solar). I think one of them is unsold right now and is actually in the parking lot.

I gave a 500$ deposit at the beginning of june for the reservation. I paid MSRP and I didn't try to deal.

So that was my happy story !

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Same here. My Tech Pack won't be in til Aug. (Jul build). There's one Tech Pack in this city and it's a demo.

1 person likes this.
  4. Philosophe

Philosophe 2010 Prius owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    By the way, I just found out that accessories' MSRP vary on the Toyota.ca website according to the region or dealer you choose.

I've seen a 75$ difference on around 1450$CAN worth of accessories (price goes up quickly with EBH, iPod Kit, remote starer, etc.!).

If your are not willing to try negociating (as it seems almost impossible), I think it is still good to know that there is some money to be saved by choosing the dealer you do business with.

5. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a long wait for tech package prius's my dealer told me up to 4-6 months. 5-7 weeks is the delay if you get package 2 here in Vancouver.

1 person likes this.
  6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    well my dad said it was "sold out" in Vancouver (So to speak). Not surprised. It's one of the biggest market in Canada for hybrids.

7. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I haven't seen another 2010 here yet! Still waiting for my first sighting... :behindsofa:Mind you, I haven't seen an Insight on the road yet either, except for a dealer car.

8. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you on the North Shore Moner? you see em here a fair bit.

9. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I live in Vancouver, but not too far from the North Shore. I did buy my car at Jim Pattison North Shore though, and at the time there were 4 other sold 2010's there. They must be hiding out somewhere around here!

10. technoratic

technoratic Newbie Prius Owner :)

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    same down here...no new priuses and insights...plenty of 2009 priuses though...I guess the 0% financing did the trick...

11. Richard P

Richard P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    I got mine last Friday (Black Technology Package) at about 3 PM and we left at 4 for a getaway. We just get back.

A couple stoped us this morning and asked us some questions about the car. Of course, I invited them to join "PriusChat" to get some information.

New pics at "Canadian 2010 Prius Owners' Pictures"

1 person likes this.
  12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Saw the pic! Congrats! Looks very sharp.

13. TdotBlizzard

TdotBlizzard New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I think they underestimated the popularity of the tech package as there is no comparable option in the US. Normally when it's that much more it has a big sales drop off, but from what we see here, it's among the most popular builds. This site is a little biased towards tech, but the leather and solar probably have a lot to do with it too.

I ordered mine in March to receive it last week, so it's too bad an April order won't at least have you driving in July.

It's worth the wait... such a nice, quiet, smooth drive.

I have seen one other new Prius but I am baffled that I still have not seen an Insight. I drive around a lot, so I should have seen one by now!

1 person likes this.
  14. jon_lin

jon_lin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Long time lurker here & first time posting!

When shopping for the Prius, I was going between at least three dealerships between Edmonton and Calgary. I eventually put down my deposit for the Premium in Edmonton for a swell deal (below MSRP a bit and 3M on the hood). Both dealerships were intiially unwilling to budge at all, but once I told them I was shopping in the opposite rivaling city, they suddenly became much more flexible.

Looks like paranoidandroid made off like a bandit though.

Winter Grey Metallic, ETA Mid-July before I join the Prius family!

15. green curry expert

green curry expert New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you read the other posts, a lot of people wanted ATP with Solar, which we have in our tech pack (minus LKA). I was going to get it but later settled on premium+solar.

I also saw a new Prius on the street last week (Toronto suburbs). They were driving around the side streets, looks like they were on a test drive.

16. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat! Congrats on your purchase! Which dealer did you buy it from?

17. Philosophe

Philosophe 2010 Prius owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I can now confirm that this dealership was hard on me...

I just signed a contract tonight with another dealership in the Montreal Area. I should get the car on Friday if I'm lucky. :)

I got 500$ off the Premium package with ~1500$ of accessories (Remote starter, iPod kit, EBH, etc.). There was already a 150$ difference between the accessories MRSP for Quebec and the MRSP for this specific dealer.

So I got a total of 650$ off the MRSP for Quebec. :cool:

I was offered a permanent rust protection at 500$ and got it at 450$. This should save me some as my usual oil based protection would have cost me at least 600$ during the life of the car (and oil based protection is not recommended by Toyota Canada for hybrid cars).

Vehicle marking (DataDot) was 100$ (would have been 200$ with additional insurance I did not take). This compares to 350$ for Sherlock at the other dealership. I will then save 25$/year on insurance.

I am really pleased with how it turned out and with my general impression of this dealership (both the salesman and his commercial director who, I feel, was not trying to BS me).

I can even say that I'm happy about aborting the deal with the other dealership. :rolleyes:

Few more days/hours and I'll finally get my car! :D

I thought some would be interested knowing what kind of deal is possible (I was certainly looking for something like this before I went to my first dealership!)*.

------------------
    *Usual disclaimer: this is for Quebec; I have no idea of what can be done elsewhere.

18. technoratic

technoratic Newbie Prius Owner :)

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Picked up my base prius yesterday and drove it over to my parents. Skeptics at first when I mentioned I was considering a Prius, they were surprised at the smoothness and silence of the cabin and amazed at the amount of space and cargo room...even got my dad comparing to his old beat up caravan for carrying room!

I love this car, the quality is tight! do not know why ppl are complaining about the base sound system, its more than enough to bump out some tunes.

Still in breakin period but I'm hoping to try some of my hypermiling on it soon. pictures forthcoming...

Happy Canada Day everyone! :D

19. jon_lin

jon_lin New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! Gateway Toyota in south Edmonton was the winner. By the looks of the things on CarCostCanada, others should be able to walk away with at least $500 off MSRP from this dealership (and therefore all others should match!)

20. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice! Same place that paranoidandroid got his.

Happy Canada Day everyone! (yes it's a day early but who's counting?)